Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a wordpress site more mobile-device compatible

Options
  • 23-03-2012 7:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend of mine has this site I gave him some advice on getting done a while back. He's got people telling him he needs a mobile compatible site but I don't think its wroth spending money on in this day and age when business is tough - I think the money would be better spent on advertising/ bizdev etc - and maybe just use a wordpress plugin to make the content slightly more mobile compatible.

Can anyone suggest how I can do this - are any of the free plugins etc any good?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There are plenty of mobile plugins.. maybe give this a read!

Never tried it myself, but looks relatively easy with the plugins above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you could try the Wp-touch plugin.

Its one of the more popular ones on WP.

It gives a sliding switch on a mobile to allow the user to switch between full screen and mobile versions

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Do some reading up on "responsive css layouts". There are WP themes that implement responsive layouts and it is a far nicer solution than the WP Touch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I'll second WP Touch:D

Advertisement