Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous landlord using my name?

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I moved out of a house in Dec '11. I rang the esb to close my account which they did and opened a new one at my new address. A few days ago I got an email with a bill from my previous address. I rang up and was told the landlord had reopened account in my name....and to sort this out he'd have to ring them back. I have tried to get in touch with him but no luck as yet :mad: Where do I stand if he doesn't sort this out? Surely I'm not liable fo any further bills even if they are in my name?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Orla

Hi Pixie84,

I will need to see the account to investigate this for you. Can you send a group mail with your:

-Account number (of the address you moved out of)
    -Your name, address, phone number and DOB
    -And also confirm that you are the account holder

I will await your private message,

Thanks,
    Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pixie84

Thanks for your reply, have sent pm to you now

Any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Pixie84,

Apologies for the delay. Orla has not been on Boards.ie since that date - what we recommend (as per our charter) is sending a group private message to all members of the Electric Ireland team here: Orla, myself, Electric Ireland: David, Electric Ireland: Mark.

David and I are definitely available throughout today, so if you could resend the private message to me and him, we will look at it immediately.

All the best :)
    Una

Hi Una, thanks for your reply. How do I send a group pm?

• Advertisement

Hi Pixie84,

No problem. I have received your PM so will look into your query immediately.

To send a group PM: if you just put all the usernames in the recipient box and separate them with a ; followed by a space: e.g. Electric Ireland: Una ; Electric Ireland: David ; Electric Ireland: Mark ; Electric Ireland: Orla.

All the best,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

That sounds quite serious to be honest, apart from contacting the ESB should you not have contacted the Gardai?? this landlord is impersonating your good name by re-opening this acount. Perhaps you should also contact the PRTB and seek their advice, he has crossed the line. :mad:

Pixie84's query has now been resolved.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement