Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus/train from Carlow to Cork

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows the quickest route from Carlow to Cork? preferably Ballincollig in cork. I need to be there for 2pm. The train will get me there for 1:35 but i'm not sure how far Ballincollig is from the station so i'm looking for an earlier option if there is one.

Thanks if you can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Not sure about train times, but travelling to Portlaoise will get you a fairly fast train to Cork. When you get to Cork you need to get a bus to Ballincollig, but station is about ten minute walk from train station. Bus to Ballincollig aren't that frequent as they are country buses so you need to check the timetable etc. Ballincollig is quite spread out too, so you could also face a bit of a walk for the interview. Ballincollig is about six or seven miles from train station, so don't think you will make it for 2pm especially with traffic in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Thanks a million for your reply. My interview isn't till 2:10 but kinda wanted to be early to make a good impression ;) Think maybe a taxi from the station might get me there quicker from the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

SingItOut wrote: »
    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows the quickest route from Carlow to Cork? preferably Ballincollig in cork. I need to be there for 2pm. The train will get me there for 1:35 but i'm not sure how far Ballincollig is from the station so i'm looking for an earlier option if there is one.

Thanks if you can help :)

As far as I can see there is no train that gets into Cork Kent station at 1:35pm but there is one at 1:55pm. the train from Carlow at 8:55am with a change in Kildare at 9:58am onto a Portlaoise train and a further change in Portlaoise onto the Cork train at 10:51am gets you into Cork at 12:50pm and then a walk or taxi to Parnell place to the bus station for a 233/232 out to Ballincollig at 1pm, the bus should take about 30minutes. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1316184312-232.pdf

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What day do you need to be there?

Advertisement