Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig from the train station distance

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering could anyone tell me how far Ballincollig is from the train station? and what would be the best way to get there?

Thanks in advance if you can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Walk to Merchants Quay/Patrick St, there should be a bus stop somewhere near, but don't know the number. Its about 10 to 15km approx. Alternatively walk to Washington St and get a taxi, cost around €14

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Walk over to the bus station and get a bus - they're not that expensive. Depending on which end of Ballincolling you are going to in a taxi could get very dear - traffic can be chocka!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Walk to the bus station on Parnell place, come out of the train station, turn left, walk down the hill, cross at a set of traffic lights, walk on until you see Leisureplex, turn left at Leisureplex and you'll see the bus station across the river or alternatively, get on the number 5 bus outside the station, first stop for that bus is at the bus station.

Take the 232 bus which is Ballincollig only, or the 233 Macroom bus which passes through Ballincollig, not more than €4 to get out there, think it cost me €3.60 - can't remember for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Walk to the bus station on Parnell place, come out of the train station, turn left, walk down the hill, cross at a set of traffic lights, walk on until you see Leisureplex, turn left at Leisureplex and you'll see the bus station across the river or alternatively, get on the number 5 bus outside the station, first stop for that bus is at the bus station.

Take the 232 bus which is Ballincollig only, or the 233 Macroom bus which passes through Ballincollig, not more than €4 to get out there, think it cost me €3.60 - can't remember for definite

Thanks! .. needed the info for last tuesday though haha managed to get there in the end :) bus was only €6 return from parnell, aside from the directions of the useless bus driver (he left us in the middle of nowhere! at apple green shop) . Shop keeper rang us a taxi to get to our destination, No panicking at all I swear ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

SingItOut wrote: »
    Thanks! .. needed the info for last tuesday though haha managed to get there in the end :) bus was only €6 return from parnell, aside from the directions of the useless bus driver (he left us in the middle of nowhere! at apple green shop) . Shop keeper rang us a taxi to get to our destination, No panicking at all I swear ;)

ah whoops :o might help someone else looking to get to Ballincollig in the future - glad u made it out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

SingItOut wrote: »

If he left you off at apple green you were driven right through ballincollig!

PcAngel wrote: »
    If he left you off at apple green you were driven right through ballincollig!

Actually I asked him where would be the best place to get off for the place we were specifically going. He said stay on the bus and he would drop us directly there. On the bus for a further 40 minutes! Started to get worried so we got out. I am from carlow so obviously had no clue where I was, shop keeper rang us a taxi then it took 30 mins to get to where we were actually going. In simple terms bus driver was a pr*ck. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

HI, does anyone know how long the bus from cork to ballincollig takes? And where would be the closest stop to old quarter.. please and thank you :)

HI, does anyone know how long the bus from cork to ballincollig takes? And where would be the closest stop to old quarter.. please and thank you :)

If you are going from parnell station it will take just under 30 minutes, not sure about old quarter though

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Perfect :).. Thanks very much

• Advertisement
Advertisement