Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrogranul 20 iron sulphate

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I hope you can help me, I got 2 bags of ferrogranul 20 iron(+2) sulphate hydrate this evening in the local hardware store and while the guy there said to spread it dry by hand I am now having my doubts after some googling and am wondering if anybody here has used that specific stuff before and should it be diluted in water and sprayed rather than spread dry by hand?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi all

I hope you can help me, I got 2 bags of ferrogranul 20 iron(+2) sulphate hydrate this evening in the local hardware store and while the guy there said to spread it dry by hand I am now having my doubts after some googling and am wondering if anybody here has used that specific stuff before and should it be diluted in water and sprayed rather than spread dry by hand?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
    Tommy

Tommy did you get this for moss control or for a treatment of Chlorosis in (for example a ericaceous plant)
    As a Moss killer I have used similar both as dry (Found it difficult to get even spread) and in water (Which I prefer, but is slower!!) (Water can) I don't recommended using in a Sprayer .... ( Blockages and I'd worry about long term corrosive effects to the pump and seals)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi jezko

I have got it for moss control, from what I have seen mixing it with water seems to be the best way of applying it. I think I will try the worst effected area with it via a watering can and them see how that turns out before trying it any other way...

Thanks for the advice

Tommy

Advertisement