Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help; HKC Securewatch Entry Beep

Options
  • 23-03-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just moved into a new house with a HKC Securewatch alarm. I'm a sparks but haven't done many alarms. I have the engineering code and I basically want to know how to turn an entry beep on when the alarm is armed. At the moment when you walk in nothing sounds so if everyone is out and somebody comes home, you can't tell if the alarm has been activated which is quiet annoying. Can somebody tell me how to sort this out in the engineering menu please?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A few things to try.....

Is there a contact on the front door?
    Is it programmed for entry exit?
    Make sure its not on soak test or physically closed off.
    Does that zone show up in open zones?
    Has the speaker been disconnectred inside the keypad?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

KoolKid wrote: »
    A few things to try.....

Is there a contact on the front door?
    Is it programmed for entry exit?
    Make sure its not on soak test or physically closed off.
    Does that zone show up in open zones?
    Has the speaker been disconnectred inside the keypad?

Thanks for your reply, there is a contact in the front door.

The keypad beeps upon activation of alarm but no sound upon entry when activated
    So I presume the speaker is fine. Seems strange as it should beep upon entry. Last night after a few beers I forgot it was on then it activated after the 15seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

sonic.trip wrote: »
    The keypad beeps upon activation of alarm but no sound upon entry when activated
    So I presume the speaker is fine. Seems strange as it should beep upon entry. Last night after a few beers I forgot it was on then it activated after the 15seconds!

If the keypad has being IDed on the system go into the keypad options menu and make sure the buzzer in enabled.

altor wrote: »

If the keypad has being IDed on the system go into the keypad options menu and make sure the buzzer in enabled.

Hi altor,

The keypad hasnt been I'd-ed on the menu. Do I need to do this to enable the buzzer?

Also, looking through the menus I seen silent pa lf is disabled, would that have anything to do with it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should ID the keypad.
    Silent PA has nothing to do with it. Thats a Silent Panic Alarm.
    Only good with monitoring.

• Advertisement

Hi altor,

The keypad hasnt been I'd-ed on the menu. Do I need to do this to enable the buzzer?

Also, looking through the menus I seen silent pa lf is disabled, would that have anything to do with it?

Hi sonic.trip,

If the keypad has not being IDed on the system then I would have to assume there is a problem with the speaker on the keypad.

Hi altor,

Hi sonic.trip,

If the keypad has not being IDed on the system then I would have to assume there is a problem with the speaker on the keypad.

I tried to I'd the keypad earlier but ur said something about closing the tamper to id it. I wouldn't know much about that so exited the engineers menu.

@altor, if the keypad isn't identified why would it be a problem with the speaker?

Thanks again kool and altor for the help.

I tried to I'd the keypad earlier but ur said something about closing the tamper to id it. I wouldn't know much about that so exited the engineers menu.

@altor, if the keypad isn't identified why would it be a problem with the speaker?

To ID the keypad you need to remove the cover and then put it back on.
    The buzzer can only be turned on and off if the keypad is IDed on to the system that's why I would think the problem is the speaker.

To ID the keypad you need to remove the cover and then put it back on.
    The buzzer can only be turned on and off if the keypad is IDed on to the system that's why I would think the problem is the speaker.

Hi altor,

I id'ed the keypad then went into the keypad options. I put the buzzer on yes and tried it. Nothing happened when I tried it.

How would it be a problem with the speaker if it beeps in activation and talks to you, but the buzzer doesn't work upon entry. Is there a separate speaker for this buzz?

Hi altor,

I id'ed the keypad then went into the keypad options. I put the buzzer on yes and tried it. Nothing happened when I tried it.

How would it be a problem with the speaker if it beeps in activation and talks to you, but the buzzer doesn't work upon entry. Is there a separate speaker for this buzz?

Seems a strange one then. Most times when something unexplainable is happening, powering down the system "mains and battery" and powering it back up fixes the unexplained problem. I would try this to see if it does in your case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Have you checked the contact on the door.....sounds to me like it may not be working.

kub wrote: »
    Have you checked the contact on the door.....sounds to me like it may not be working.

Will have a look tomorrow. How do you know when the contacts are faulty?

Will have a look tomorrow. How do you know when the contacts are faulty?

If you set the alarm to exit you get the beeps.
    When you come back in you dont get the beeps.
    The zone may be closed all the time preventing the panel from seeing the zone open to give the entry beeps.

Go into the service menu in engineering. Scroll to walk test and test the zone that the front door sensor is on. You should hear the internal bell sound when you open and close the door.

If you set the alarm to exit you get the beeps.
    When you come back in you dont get the beeps.
    The zone may be closed all the time preventing the panel from seeing the zone open to give the entry beeps.

Go into the service menu in engineering. Scroll to walk test and test the zone that the front door sensor is on. You should hear the internal bell sound when you open and close the door.

Hi, in walk test when I open the door the internal siren doesn't go off, could this be a faulty sensor or what else could be wrong?

Hi, in walk test when I open the door the internal siren doesn't go off, could this be a faulty sensor or what else could be wrong?

In misc options check if walk test bell is enabled..

KoolKid wrote: »
    In misc options check if walk test bell is enabled..

Hi koolkid,

I tried the front door and nothing happens but when I walk in the hallway during the walk test the internal siren goes off caused by the downstairs PIR so I'm assuming bell is enabled?

I tried the front door and nothing happens but when I walk in the hallway during the walk test the internal siren goes off caused by the downstairs PIR so I'm assuming bell is enabled?

It is enabled so.
    Could be the sensor or the cable.
    If you disconnect the alarm cable in the sensor does the bell now walk test as if you are testing the sensor?

It is enabled so.
    Could be the sensor or the cable.
    If you disconnect the alarm cable in the sensor does the bell now walk test as if you are testing the sensor?

Will give that a go later when I get home. The other thing that's boggling me now is:

If the alarm is set and upon entry the front door opens it will activate the alarm ie 15 seconds to enter code etc, however it won't activate the internal siren on a walk test, any ideas?

Will give that a go later when I get home. The other thing that's boggling me now is:

If the alarm is set and upon entry the front door opens it will activate the alarm ie 15 seconds to enter code etc, however it won't activate the internal siren on a walk test, any ideas?

It might be the PIR that is starting the time if that is in the hall. Might be set up as an entry/exit zone.

Advertisement