Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Social Benifit Package

Options
  • 23-03-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this was already brought up. I saw a thread on this here already but without a real answer.

I am looking at my parents Eircom bill and I see the following:

Eircom Talktime Talker 26.36
    Broadband 41.30
    Eircom Social Benifit Package 36.72

Then deducted is:

talktime/broadband bundle -26.48
    Eircom Social Benifit Package -36.72

Total is 41.18 ex Vat ex extra charges

My question is the Eircom Social Benifit Package is added on and taken away so it's basically not being applied! What's the story with that?

Should it not be :

Eircom Talktime Talker 26.36
    Broadband 41.30
    talktime/broadband bundle -26.48
    Eircom Social Benifit Package -36.72

????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They paid around €48 net for 2 months Broadband and Rental and Talk Anytime. The package normally costs €49 a month so they got around €50 off retail over 2 months which is €25 a month...about right.

Reaing an eircom bill is shagging impossible, they are designed to confuse and bewilder. The net result seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Reaing an eircom bill is shagging impossible, they are designed to confuse and bewilder. The net result seems about right.

+1

I did take the trouble once, to check the charges against the advertised price and discount as well as the amount to be deducted by the Social Benefit Package ........ the bill was correct, but it took a lot of effort and time to confirm it.

The Eircom bill as presented to the user is an abomination ..... apparently designed, as you said, to confuse the user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

+1

I did take the trouble once, to check the charges against the advertised price and discount as well as the amount to be deducted by the Social Benefit Package ........ the bill was correct, but it took a lot of effort and time to confirm it.

The Eircom bill as presented to the user is an abomination ..... apparently designed, as you said, to confuse the user.

Hi Dapos,

Spongebob was spon on.

The Eircom Talktime Talker is €43.52 inc vat (€35.38 ex vat) per month (includes line rental)

So because the €26.36 is the charge for the talkime package minus the line rental for two months excluding vat.

The Eircom Social Benefit Package -€36.72 has to be shown as a credit so that it is visible to the customer that the the social welfare telephone allowance is being deducted from the bill.

I appreciate that the bills are quite difficult to grasp.

If you want me to go through any of the charges in detail feel free to PM me with the account number in question.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement