Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else fed up with how useless NGB is??

Options
  • 23-03-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

I'm only on it a bloody month and I'm sick of it. Asked for the 8mb regular user when i was signing up got put on the crap 10 gig one which gave me a nice bill of 160e, The speeds of up to 8mb actually clock in at

Speed results

Details of the speed test will appear here when it completes.
    Please allow up to 1 minute for the test to complete.
    Results are only an indication of your connection speed which may be affected by other devices or wireless coverage.

Test date23 March 2012 21:34:41Download Speed0.51 Mb/sThis is equal to63.63 KB/s509 kbpsUpload Speed0.39 Mb/sThis is equal to49.13 KB/s393 kbpsLatency155 ms
    and thats only if I don't have my xbox on or if my housemate doesn't have his laptop connected otherwise one of us will always get the DNS error page.

Seriously it's supposed to be broadband, can't watch tv on my xbox because of the dreadful loading times, can't game because of the severe amount of lag and half the bloody time I can't use it because someone else is connected and I get the stupid dns page.

Considering ending the contract after a month as the service is woeful, can anyone tell me what charges I'd encur?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

To be fair mine is rock solid at around 10mb and sub 40 pings. Can't complain at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Arawn wrote: »
    I'm only on it a bloody month and I'm sick of it. Asked for the 8mb regular user when i was signing up got put on the crap 10 gig one which gave me a nice bill of 160e, The speeds of up to 8mb actually clock in at

Speed results

Details of the speed test will appear here when it completes.
    Please allow up to 1 minute for the test to complete.
    Results are only an indication of your connection speed which may be affected by other devices or wireless coverage.

Test date23 March 2012 21:34:41Download Speed0.51 Mb/sThis is equal to63.63 KB/s509 kbpsUpload Speed0.39 Mb/sThis is equal to49.13 KB/s393 kbpsLatency155 ms
    and thats only if I don't have my xbox on or if my housemate doesn't have his laptop connected otherwise one of us will always get the DNS error page.

Seriously it's supposed to be broadband, can't watch tv on my xbox because of the dreadful loading times, can't game because of the severe amount of lag and half the bloody time I can't use it because someone else is connected and I get the stupid dns page.

Considering ending the contract after a month as the service is woeful, can anyone tell me what charges I'd encur?

Hi Arawn,

Can you private message me with your telephone number so I can look into the speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement