Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immature Gamers Online Franchise

Options
  • 23-03-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know there's quite a few of our lads playing in the Immature Gamers franchise and I'm just wondering what you think of it? The standard of players, enjoyment level etc compared to our franchise here.

I joined up last week and played my first game tonight. Really enjoyed it, the 0-4 Miami Dolphins are now at 1-4 so a good start :)

Very well run franchise IMO (as is this one too of course).

I think it was SantryRed that initially made me aware of it and as of last week there was a few teams still available, so if anyone's looking for another franchise to join then it's definitely worth heading over there.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Played the CPU but was a good game.. I have Rivers and he has the most yards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Grayson Gifted Duet

how do i get in

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

how do i get in

Firstly, you have to send me your bank account details and sort code.

When you've done that then register here - http://immaturegamers.net/register.php

The next step is to go to this thread and ask the administrator if you can join up (he'll say yes and give you a list of teams and their rosters and you decided which one you'd like) - http://immaturegamers.net/showthread.php/6818-Updated-Available-Teams/page3

Then you'll get a message on Xbox Live off the administrator with the details to join the franchise.

It's 1 game a week (Monday-Sunday) and you arrange when to play your opponent in the fixtures thread here - http://immaturegamers.net/forumdisplay.php/62-F-Franchise-FSLs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The standard is definitely better on that site lads. You will improve your game massively. Myself and Berty have won superbowls on here but we wouldn't even be in the top tier of players over there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    The standard is definitely better on that site lads. You will improve yourngame massively. Myself and Berty have won superbowls on here but we wouldn't even be in the top tier of players over there.

Santry banned for saying we're $hit :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The Fantasy Franchise on there is pretty good standard. They play one game a week and there are usually free spots.

The Real Franchise is serious stuff ( I am Commissioner ). Currently in Season 3 ( they play 2 games per week = 5 seasons ). Dave or me won't make playoffs, Ben should. In 13 seasons I contested one Superbowl. Franchise is always full and there are some fantastic players. No such thing as an easy game.

They also run a PFL league ( 10 games and playoffs ) where they have draft where the worst player from previous season picks first and the previous season's Superbowl picks last.

BUT I will say the standard on here is improving significantly and will continue to do so. Most guys on here would well be able to hold their own in the Fantasy Franchise.

Facts are the more games you play the better you get. The best player on Immature Gamers is a guy who has been playing Madden online for about 6 years and has incredible knowledge of the game. He can read stuff I don't even know to look for.

I'm really looking forward to my first human game over there, though it is against a fellow boardsie.
    Will be interesting to see how the newer members of the IG (i.e. recent boards joiners) get on

Heli, I see you have 5 games against guys who are not Boards players. Included in this is your week 14 game against Rainbow Doc. He is from Scotland and is the best Madden player I know. On top of that he is an absolutle gentleman. Has been playing for years and wins the Superbowl near 50% of the Madden seasons he plays. The rest of the guys are good but all beatable by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Just asked to join, sounds good.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Heli, I see you have 5 games against guys who are not Boards players. Included in this is your week 14 game against Rainbow Doc. He is from Scotland and is the best Madden player I know. On top of that he is an absolutle gentleman. Has been playing for years and wins the Superbowl near 50% of the Madden seasons he plays. The rest of the guys are good but all beatable by you.

I'll have to be sick that week :pac::pac:
    Berty are trades still allowed on the fantasy franchise?

• Advertisement

Its same as ours, trades ok to week 6 trade deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have a lot of players left this franchise? I notice there's only 18 human players in it now, whereas when I joined a couple of weeks ago there was more human players than we had in the Boards franchise.

I noticed there was a bit of a row on the forum last week so that might be the cause of it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Didn't see that. It is very quiet over on the forums there. They are an immature lot tho:rolleyes:

Paully D wrote: »
    Have a lot of players left this franchise? I notice there's only 18 human players in it now, whereas when I joined a couple of weeks ago there was more human players than we had in the Boards franchise.

I noticed there was a bit of a row on the forum last week so that might be the cause of it? :confused:
    The row was nothing to do with that. Had to do with a PFL game. All sorted now.

What happens every year around this time is that some people slowly slip away from playing Madden once nfl not on tv. So they slowly drop out of franchises. The Fantasy franchise runs only for two seasons because of that. The Real Franchise on the other hand is full of mad madden men. Places rarely come up in it and guys play all season long and for year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

The row was nothing to do with that. Had to do with a PFL game. All sorted now.

What happens every year around this time is that some people slowly slip away from playing Madden once nfl not on tv. So they slowly drop out of franchises. The Fantasy franchise runs only for two seasons because of that. The Real Franchise on the other hand is full of mad madden men. Places rarely come up in it and guys play all season long and for year after year.

Only two seasons in the fantasy franchise? :(

How many times a week do they play in the real franchise?

Yes the Fantasy Franchise only plays through two season because there is not time for a third with teh one game per week format.

BUT News !

We are at the end of season 3 in the Real Franchise. That plays two games per week and runs for 5 seasons. Unusually 2 guys have dropped out at teh end of Season 3. One guy is now working away from home during the weekdays and cannot fit the two games in and another guy dropped out during season 3 and decided not to return.

So if you are up for playing two games per week send me a pm on Immature Gamers. We are in playoffs, Season 3, the next draft to take place on Monday 16th April at 22:00. The two teams are the Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons. There are the original teams, after 3 seasons.

Yes the Fantasy Franchise only plays through two season because there is not time for a third with teh one game per week format.

BUT News !

We are at the end of season 3 in the Real Franchise. That plays two games per week and runs for 5 seasons. Unusually 2 guys have dropped out at teh end of Season 3. One guy is now working away from home during the weekdays and cannot fit the two games in and another guy dropped out during season 3 and decided not to return.

So if you are up for playing two games per week send me a pm on Immature Gamers. We are in playoffs, Season 3, the next draft to take place on Monday 16th April at 22:00. The two teams are the Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons. There are the original teams, after 3 seasons.

Can I have the Falcons instead of the smelly Jags Berty? :D Sick of divisional play off losses :pac:

Can I have the Falcons instead of the smelly Jags Berty? :D Sick of divisional play off losses :pac:
    If you were doing that I'd take the Jags....

If you were doing that I'd take the Jags....

Just loss a game in the play offs to the Patriots because Gabbert can't throw :p

The Falcons team are unreal. Offense is: Ryan - QB, McFadden AND Turner - HB, Jones, Jackson as WRs

:pac:

Just loss a game in the play offs to the Patriots because Gabbert can't throw :p

The Falcons team are unreal. Offense is: Ryan - QB, McFadden AND Turner - HB, Jones, Jackson as WRs

:pac:

Berty... Pm on the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Berty... Pm on the way!!

I dibs them, everyone knows dibs supersedes anything else

Two Irishmen have agreed deals to take over. Really sorry Empacher, got a couple of pms before you posted.

Ben, losing to Paddy, no disgrace. He is a great player and on top of that he is virtually unplayable with the Patriots.

Immauture Gamers and its leagues / franchises are moving to a site dedicated to Madden.

http://www.maddenpfl.com

Could someone pm me the password as i left the franchise by mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm kind of a bit frustrated by this website at the moment. They have plenty of leagues but every time I try to sign up they are always full and I go on a waiting list. Then when a space opens up it gets posted somewhere and someone else always joins first.(the waiting list being forgotten about)

Despite being logging on for a few years now and joining several waiting lists I'm still only getting 1 game per week out of that site. They have also moved website a few times since I've joined in 2010, now onto their 3rd (maddenpfl.com).

Anyway I was thinking of setting up a franchise here on boards with real teams that would operate in parallel to the existing franchise.

I'd be thinking either 2 games per week or 1 game every five days as we are currently doing in the existing franchise.

Please let me know if you'd be interested, probably wouldn't get going till Madden 13 though.

Adro I'd be interested in that.

Also I'd pick the Titans
    Dibs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I would aswell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I play in the boards franchise and the Main franchise on IG , couldnt do another one.

Good Idea, we'd get lots more games whilst not having to bother with another website, but could get confusing with trades/fixtures. I'd be up for it...how'd we go about picking teams? Random draw??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I would play

Advertisement