Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immature Gamers Online Franchise

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    Good Idea, we'd get lots more games whilst not having to bother with another website, but could get confusing with trades/fixtures. I'd be up for it...how'd we go about picking teams? Random draw??

Just on that, we'd need tags like they have on the CoD forum.

so it would be like
    {Real Franchise} I want to make a trade
    {Fantasy Franchise} Titans beat the Colts in play off cracker :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'd recommend a smaller competition like the PFL Adrian because you'll prob get 12 to 14 people playing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

good Idea, and I would play. only thing is to make sure there' a forum system in place to top it becoming a minefield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well not really sure how that works but it looks like a lot of effort, while the franchise kind of takes care of itself but will take a look overnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well not really sure how that works but it looks like a lot of effort, while the franchise kind of takes care of itself but will take a look overnight.

With less people in it you'd also get through it quicker with more CPU games, which arent great but better than nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I like the idea of taking an existing team and trying to improve it with trades etc as the seasons go by.

I'll setup a separate thread for this I think.
    i presume in the PFL they don't trade players just real teams playing one another?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd play, but it wouldn't be until Madden 13 as I've had to leave the Immature Gamers franchise tonight because I don't have the time to dedicate to two franchises any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I like the idea of taking an existing team and trying to improve it with trades etc as the seasons go by.

I'll setup a separate thread for this I think.
    i presume in the PFL they don't trade players just real teams playing one another?

In the PFL you use real team but the actual games are just friendlies. Then the winner posts up the scores like has been done in the super plate. But, you need someone to keep track of all the stats. Depending on how many people are up for starting a real franchise, if not a lot then you could just have one thread.

Raoul wrote: »
    In the PFL you use real team but the actual games are just friendlies. Then the winner posts up the scores like has been done in the super plate. But, you need someone to keep track of all the stats. Depending on how many people are up for starting a real franchise, if not a lot then you could just have one thread.

I don't mind gathering the stats I'll see how many we get and which format makes most sense for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I don't mind gathering the stats I'll see how many we get and which format makes most sense for people.

I'd say a PFL style would be better, if you can get 12/16 four divisions , 2 conferences with either 3 in a division or 4. Could name them Munster, Connacht, Ulster, Leinster :)

Talk to Rigglar on Maddenpfl. He's been running that for as long as been there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

The PFl does work well. But you won't have trades or anything like that which is good craic. But it also means you wont have any cpu games. So it will just be human V human. I think if it was 1 game a week you might get a lot more people. The PFL way would be easy to have in one thread. All you need to have is a fixture list, standings update and stats update. So that would be once a week then the rest would be organising and results.

Well I think I'll go with whatever most people prefer, but to do a franchise we really need 16 teams otrherwise too much CPU games.

I'm away next week so I'll see how many people we have when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If people weren't interested in a PFL would there be any interest in another Fantasy Franchise, say Boards II or something like that, or not?

Very easy to manage the Fantasy Franchises compared to PFL's. League Manager covers the stats etc and we'd still have trades and all that which is good fun.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    If people weren't interested in a PFL would there be any interest in another Fantasy Franchise, say Boards II or something like that, or not?

Very easy to manage the Fantasy Franchises compared to PFL's. League Manager covers the stats etc and we'd still have trades and all that which is good fun.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

Wasnt the original idea here to have another boards franchise, but with real teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Grayson Gifted Duet

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Wasnt the original idea here to have another boards franchise, but with real teams?

decent idea but it means you have about half a league and no1 wants to be the other teams

decent idea but it means you have about half a league and no1 wants to be the other teams

Not really, if you support a team you'll pick them.
    I'd pick the Titans even if i had the choice of packers/pats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I like the idea of running two boards ones with fantasy drafts..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd rather a new franchise to be real, but I'll play whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Another franchise? But what would Al think?

Berty where's the pfl forum gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

madalig12 wrote: »

I'm getting a hosting error for them exceeding their bandwidth alliownca, I know where it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I'm getting the same error message been like that most of the afternoon

Advertisement