Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Question

Options
  • 23-03-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a question about wedding insurance.
    My fiance's mother is very unwell at the moment and we are bringing our wedding forward as a result.
    We have still to take out wedding insurance and wondered if her mother for some reason becomes too sick to attend and we have to cancel our plans, will we be covered under any insurance policy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I done a quick search on that web thingy and the first policy I looked at covered cancellation due to illness of the bride, groom or close relative (which includes both sets of parents). So yes, it is possible to be covered but you should disclose your future mother-in-law illness as failure to do so could affect your cover.

Hope she improves and all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

I know little or nothing about wedding insurance, but I would have a strong suspicion that if your fiancee's mother is already quite ill, then her illness is very likely to be excluded.

I know of no form of insurance that will pay a claim in respect of an event that was known about when you took out the policy.

Best of luck - hope the day goes off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

keep your money in your pocket. insurance companies make money for a reason. you needn't worry they'll always find a way to wriggle out of paying a claim.

Advertisement