Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my kittens spayed today

• 24-03-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Got my 2 girls spayed today. My Mam and my sister collected them from the vet at 5 because I was working. When I came home they went hyper... They are down for the night now but I'm terrified they're going to burst their stitches... I can't keep checking on them cause they just jump around when they see me! I hope they'll be ok. I'm sensing a sleepless night tonight :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Do you have crates or cat carriers for them? when I got mine spayed/neutered we were advised to keep them in carriers for the first night home to stop them moving too much that they may burst their stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

SingItOut wrote: »
    Do you have crates or cat carriers for them? when I got mine spayed/neutered we were advised to keep them in carriers for the first night home to stop them moving too much that they may burst their stitches
    Yeah I have 2 carriers? Should I put them in those for the night? Should I put a drink in with them? I just want them to be comfortable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

keep them in one each. I wouldn't put water in with them unless its in one of those clip on water bowls because they'll most likely knock them over and soak themselves. Try them with some water before they go to bed, or maybe a little wet food if they don't want the water. Make sure they don't eat too much though it might make them a little sick after the anaestetic. Come tomorrow they'll be back to their normal selves :) mine hated the lampshade but she managed :)

Advertisement