Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course offers

Options
  • 24-03-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

My brother got an email re interviews today saying he was on a priority list and that they would be in touch if a place arises. He's wondering how long generally before you might hear something back or how big could the priority lists be ie to keep the hopes up or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

It differs from course to course, what did he apply for? They tend to wait a few months at least to see if people who got in on the first-round interviews actually accept their place or go elsewhere.

Also they don't tell you but you should be able to ring up and ask specifically where you are on the priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

He applied for music production and music management and got the same email for both courses. I'll tell him to wait a couple of weeks and ring and see if he can find out where he is on the list, although for both courses he reckoned that people would be snapping the places up, fingers crossed I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Fwiw he got onto the college and asked about where he was on the list and was told there was no way of telling him that they wouldn't know until the end of may and that it would be after then if he heard of anything else about a place so I guess he'l have to just sit tight!

Advertisement