Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM for Asus Sabertooth P67

Options
  • 24-03-2012 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these boards last year and I want to upgrade the ram as at the time funds were (and probably still are limited) so I couldn't splash out on performance ram

Just wondering what ram would be most suitable.

I use the rig for nothing but gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I bought one of these boards last year and I want to upgrade the ram as at the time funds were (and probably still are limited) so I couldn't splash out on performance ram

Just wondering what ram would be most suitable.

I use the rig for nothing but gaming.

What's your budget like? €38 would get you a decent 8gb geil kit @ 1600MHz:

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3/8gbgeilpc3128001600mhzvaluepluscl9.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

glynf wrote: »
    What's your budget like? €38 would get you a decent 8gb geil kit @ 1600MHz:

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr3/8gbgeilpc3128001600mhzvaluepluscl9.html

My budget is in the upper end of the market mate,

(Damn its very surprising what you can pick up for 38 quid nowadays)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

That's all you need, performance ram does nothing in the way of performance, it only includes ridiculous heat spreaders which make it difficult to attach an after-market CPU cooler which you probably have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yep, anything over €60 & 1600mhz the performance increase is negligible for most apps. Best go for a decent brand like g skill with decent timings.

Edit: above € based on 8gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'd say even above €50 inc. delivery, to be honest.

Tom's Hardware did a review a while back that showed going from 1066MHz CL9 to 2133MHz CL9 gave you less than a 1% performance bump in basically everything except synthetic memory benchmarks. I think there were a couple of applications that managed a 3% or so bump or something, but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What's your RAM now?
    It could be fine.

Advertisement