Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good tomb raider game??

Options
  • 24-03-2012 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

hey

steam is having a weekend sale on tomb raider games

im wondering if any of them are worth getting

tomb raider legend is 2 euro 50 cent

tomb raider underworld is 3 euro 75 cent

tomb raider anniversary is 2 euro 50 cent

i played the first tomb raider game years ago on the ps1 and havent played any since,im just wondering if either of these 3 games is any good,hows the controls feel when playing with keyboard? is it worth buying any of them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ah c'mon at that price I'd say gotta buy 'em all! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 patoscit

I've seen good reviews for Tomb Raider Underworld but I wouldn't use the keyboard to play it myself.

I bought a Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows for playing those type of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah underworld is decent enough, wouldn't be bothered with any of the others myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Yeah underworld is decent enough, wouldn't be bothered with any of the others myself.

I'm a long term tombraider fan myself and have played them all from the ps1 to the ps3 and pc and I have to say I disagree with that assumption as tombraider anniversary was the best i thought imo. underworld was very good as well but not very long. also legend was a decent one but i have noticed on every new release the tombraider games are getting shorter and shorter. for that price grab them all forsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I really enjoyed Underworld and Legend, not Anniversary so much, and I didn't really like the PSOne games, too clunky. I always said the series would do well if Crystal Dynamics took over, after their Soul Reaver work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say for those prices buy them all. Legend and Underworld are solid games. Anniversary on the other hand is absolutely brilliant and a steal at 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 29,128 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Anniversary just more or less a HD remake of the first Tomb Raider with a different engine, or is it a brand new game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i enjoyed underworld , think its very underrated if i do say so myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The Guardian of Light is also pretty decent but quite different from the other games.

The three games list play out as a trilogy but Anniversary is essentially a sprucing up of the first so you could probably skip that one if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

thank for the replies guy i got underworld gonna try it out when it finishes downloading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I enjoyed all three of those. Anniversary being the best, followed by Legend. In fairness though, you wouldn't even get a box of smokes for the combined price of all three of those games. Grab'em all, you've feck all to lose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Anniversary just more or less a HD remake of the first Tomb Raider with a different engine, or is it a brand new game?

It's pretty much a brand new game. The levels and story are similar but the whole game has been given a massive overhaul graphically and in terms of gameplay. It's one of the best reimaginings of a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's pretty much a brand new game. The levels and story are similar but the whole game has been given a massive overhaul graphically and in terms of gameplay. It's one of the best reimaginings of a classic.

Does it still have the old butler than orgasims when you bump off him? Not worth playing if he ain't in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

KilOit wrote: »
    Does it still have the old butler than orgasims when you bump off him? Not worth playing if he ain't in it

Wasn't he in the second one, as opposed to the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Great.

More games for me to buy for peanuts & not play for years.

THANKS, STEAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Great.

More games for me to buy for peanuts & not play for years.

THANKS, STEAM!

ha ,i bought garys mod for about 4 euro last year and i played it twice.. its just hard to resist a bargain even if you know you might only get an hour out of the game at most :P

Advertisement