Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiya bit lonely - feeling sorry for meself?

Options
  • 24-03-2012 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

EOk, first off other half great dad but as mum of 3, little fella not been too well. Have breast fed since birth and he's awoken every 2/3 hours - he's now 9 months.little guy is pretty sick, had to go to temple st yesterday with dehydration. He's ok but now sitting here making sure he's getting dioraltye at 2 in morning and other half has gone off to bed, I know he's tired,I'm just worried bout little fellas hdryation levels and feeling slightly lonely. :-((((

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Don't think you're feeling sorry for yourself at all. Your child is unwell and you're feeling all over the place probably. Have you had much sleep since your child became sick. I'm a parent and I can only imagine what you're going through. You're not alone either. You need to rest as much as you can cos when your child is better they'll be back to normal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can not understand the 1st bit of your post.

You poor thing:( I hope he is ok.
    Breast feeding is not easy especially for 9 months,well done:)
    Neither is looking after 3 kids,do try to remember to look after yourself too.
    Have yo had a decent nights sleep since the little guy was born?
    *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I can not understand the 1st bit of your post.

Sorry, brain cells have gone out window!, couldnt remember my own name today!

Havent had more than 3 hours sleep in row since he was born!, Im not complaining (really!!) Suppose things look better in the daytime :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How is your little boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You have to take care of yourself. Is there anyone who could take your other kids off to a park or something for a couple of hours while you rest up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 boneheaded

Are doing classsssss. The fact that you are thinking the way you are says it all about you. Knackered and above all else thinking of im him. Father will be there, believe me. He will pick up the slack with the other two and fight with them to be quiet (while making a lot of noises himself). Just look after yourself and the weee fellow it will all come good( like you want to hear that) You are knackered but well done on beast feeding ,hard slog and only you can do it but you have done it so far and he no matter what doubts you have you are doing the right thing. Best Start keep going….
    Fathers are great (even though mothers don’t think so all of the time) but Mothers are better!!! And I know I’m a father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Op can you express and let your partner take over the night feeds from time to time... My little man doesnt sleep for longer than 3 hoours normally so i know how hard it it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Op can you express and let your partner take over the night feeds from time to time... My little man doesnt sleep for longer than 3 hoours normally so i know how hard it it.

^ Thats a good idea OP. Also, it would do no harm for him to get used to a bottle teat, you can give him pre-boiled cooled water between feeds to help keep him hydrated.

You're doing a great job, it's just some rest you need. You can't function with small amounts of sleep, try reel in some help :)

Advertisement