Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider Melbourne

Options
  • 24-03-2012 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi Guys looking for advice on the best broadband provider in the Melbourne area. Ive been researching online and the info is very confusing. I'm not looking for bundle just want it for the apartment, no phone required. Im looking for unlimited data as well because I skype home alot and use it for work in the evening as well. I seen TPG have an unlimited deal for $60 a month and a 12 month contract. But I dont want to go into a contract if it ends up being a ****e connection

Anybody recommend a good provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

IINET naked DSL, $70 a month, no line rental & no contract. 100gb a month, no off or on peak time restraints.
    You won't use much bandwidth using Skype all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

IINET naked DSL, $70 a month, no line rental & no contract. 100gb a month, no off or on peak time restraints.
    You won't use much bandwidth using Skype all the time.

Ya skype doesn't use much at all. You'll really only need unlimited if you do a lot of downloading. I'm with iinet on a 100gb a month plan (50 on peak, 50 off) and its $59 per month. No line rental and no contract. The setup costs can be pricey enough. I think I paid something like 150 connection fee and then bought a modem or router (not sure which) for around 100 in JB HI FI. Then if you move theres a transfer fee. Can't remember how much but I think it was around 100. iinet have a very good customer service also.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

Im with TPG unlimited for $60 a month including line rental, on a six month contract.

The Whirlpool forum has a good site for comparing all the broadband plans available to you including all costs and contract terms. Check it out here
    http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

The TPG plan im on is here
    http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/isp-18-9/tpg-internet-adsl2-home-phone-bundle.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Buy a pocket wifi from Vodafone and get on one of their caps.

So long as your not downloading music or watching vids online its great.

Advertisement