Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbour cutting his grass

• 24-03-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭

The neighbour is cutting his grass at 8 in the morning. He's woken me up and I'm not impressed.

The really annoying thing is the man unfotunayely lost his job about 6 months ago so could have done this at any time of the week. Why do it on a Saturday morning and ruin my lie-in : (

Rant over. But what is an acceptable time to start that kind of think at the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

About half 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's a nice day, he is actually doing you a favour lie ins are highly over rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No point telling us, tell him, your objections are reasonable, he really doesn't have to cut the grass at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Strangely enough 8 am is the earliest you can make noise with machinery outside.

Sure why would you want to be in bed past 8, waste of a day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I think 7am is the time before which it's unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think it's closer to 10.

In any event, who the hells mows their lawn a 8 in the morning. **** sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

KTRIC wrote: »
    Strangely enough 8 am is the earliest you can make noise with machinery outside.

Really you learn something new everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

But, what if I'm joined in bed, by a Swedish masseuse, big boobs, nymphomaniac, I'd consider it a waste of day leaving the bed then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Kill it with salt OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

qz wrote: »
    Kill it with salt OP.
    Salt? Pah go and get a massive bag of fertiliser and draw weird shapes on his lawn especially on the hard to mow sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

4pm.

Hate ignorant ***** like that.

Ghandee wrote: »

But, what if I'm joined in bed, by a Swedish masseuse, big boobs, nymphomaniac, I'd consider it a waste of day leaving the bed then...

Are you?
    No?
    Then get the **** up l you lazy fecker :D

bbam wrote: »
    I think 7am is the time before which it's unacceptable.

So at 7am its ok to start. I think 9am is closer to acceptable. I wouldn't do noisy work around the house before that.

Are you?
    No?
    Then get the **** up l you lazy fecker :D

A man can dream though lol!

Shouldn't have started that dream though.........

What's the difference between light and hard?

If I can have a Swede without boobs I'm all for that idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did you do something to annoy him?

Could this be revenge?

A previous flatmate was prone to hoovering the landing at 0900 on an occasionally Sunday morning.

If I can have a Swede without boobs I'm all for that idea.

Here ye go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭gifted

Thats nothing OP, once had a neighbour in cork where the wife used polish her front wall (cement block) at 6am every morning and her husband once started chasing their kitchen wall on St Stephens Day :mad:....but revenge will be mine.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Considering he is out of work 6 months, he is doing well to be up early and have a fresh start to the day.
    Would you prefer he sat at home all day drinking dutch gold and watching jeremy kyle?

Throw some clothes on and cut your own grass, and maybe your neighbours too while you are at it.

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Thats nothing OP, once had a neighbour in cork where the wife used polish her front wall (cement block) at 6am every morning and her husband once started chasing their kitchen wall on St Stephens Day :mad:....but revenge will be mine.......;)

I'm picturing your neighbour with a can of Mr. Sheen and a duster at her front wall.

phill106 wrote: »
    Considering he is out of work 6 months, he is doing well to be up early and have a fresh start to the day.
    Would you prefer he sat at home all day drinking dutch gold and watching jeremy kyle?

Throw some clothes on and cut your own grass, and maybe your neighbours too while you are at it.

I don't have any grass. And he can drink as much Dutch gold and watch Jeremy kyle as he wants it doesn't effect me. But have some consideration for your neighbours and cut your grass at a reasonable time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Then you wouldn't be able to hear the lawnmower because your face should be buried between her boobs or thighs(or if she is flexible, both) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

My neighbour was cutting his lawn at 8 this morning as well...inconsiderate bastard. I couldn`t hear him though because I`ve been messing around in my helicopter since 6. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Was in bed when i read the op an it was my motavation to get up and annoy my neighbours. Grass cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

phill106 wrote: »

**** up you twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Its 7am.
    As far as I remember its also illegal to blow your horn before 7am.(car horn that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

If you think that is bad my neighbour knocked at my door at half two last night, Can you imagine that, half two. Luckily for him I was still up playing my bagpipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The neighbour is cutting his grass at 8 in the morning. He's woken me up and I'm not impressed.

The really annoying thing is the man unfotunayely lost his job about 6 months ago so could have done this at any time of the week. Why do it on a Saturday morning and ruin my lie-in : (

Rant over. But what is an acceptable time to start that kind of think at the weekend.

Op youre right I am sick of spongers on the dole getting up early cuttingthere grass. Why dont the stay in bed till 12 and cut it after we started our morning lunch

Jasus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

Steal his lawnmower-problem solved for the rest of the summer. He cant afford a new one anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

When is it acceptable to unleash wild children into the back garden? They're the ones the wreck my ly ins! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who the hell gets up at 8am when they're unemployed?? And on a Saturday??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

gifted wrote: »

Please tell me you meant chiseling?

Op youre right I am sick of spongers on the dole getting up early cuttingthere grass. Why dont the stay in bed till 12 and cut it after we started our morning lunch

Jasus

I didn't call anyone a sponger or make assertions on anyone. I don't expect anyone to stay in bed until 12 unless they want to, in another post I said 9am was a reasonable time to start this kind of work on a weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I think the OP is dead right to be annoyed. 8am is taking the piss regardless of its legality.

Its a fallacy to use the legality of an action to determine its social acceptability. If your neighbour has a baby, I'm sure it's still legal to play music at the maximum allowable db at 10pm but socially it's still an as$hole thing to do.
    Legality is invariably affected by money in any case, trains generate tax income and so their noise is ignored, factories generate income and so their pollution is acceptable.

IMO 11am-11pm is fair game (excluding extenuating circumstances such as babies, new years eve)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Stick a tampon in each ear,problem solved.

Stick a tampon in each ear,problem solved.

Ears aren't made like vaginas don't think the tampon will fit. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Liamario wrote: »
    I think it's closer to 10.

In any event, who the hells mows their lawn a 8 in the morning. **** sake!

Your neighbour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

To me the weird thing is the psychology, who the hell mows the lawn the minute it is needed. That is a chore you put off and off till you have a savannah out your back.

Mine needs doing so I will do it at about 4,5, 6 nah probably tomorrow, but I might get another week out of it,,gawdddd,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

ted1 wrote: »
    It's a nice day, he is actually doing you a favour lie ins are highly over rated.

Haha... made me think of this bit from Alan Partridge...

"Hello? Oh, hello. I’d like to speak to Fernando Partridge, please. [Irritated] It’s his father. [Calmer] It’s his father. Ah, hello. Who’s she? Is she your latest… ah, right. You both sound exhausted, have you been running? I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a drink. Yep, [sighs] Fernando, you’re twenty-two years old and you’re spending Saturday afternoon in bed with a girl. You’re wasting your life. It’s a beautiful day. Take her out to a local fort or a Victorian folly. Yeah, of course. Look, your mum and I, believe me, we did it everywhere. You know, in the lounge, in the hall, behind a large boulder on Hel Vellyn on my birthday. Actually, that is where you were conceived. Well, we just didn’t take precautions. No! No, we were delighted. Well, I mean, at first I was mortified, you know, but, then you were born and we grew to like you. I remember I left a tartan flask up there. One of those very fragile ones with the screw-on cup stroke cap. These days they’re much more resilient. They took the technology from NASA, basically, which is extraordinary. Modern flasks today are directly linked with the Apollo 11 space mission. Hello? Oh, sod him."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If you live in town/estate I would say 10am is acceptable on a sat/sun morning. If you live in the country any time between 8/9am is acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

I think it is rude and inconsiderate to be cutting grass at 8am. I work night shifts and the amount of times iv wanted to kill my neighbours when I hear the lawn mower or their screaming kid is unreal. I have every sympathy for the op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Blessed are the grass cutters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Ears aren't made like vaginas don't think the tampon will fit. :p
    Not true.There was a fella in my class called Gowl Ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Fair play to him getting up and out there. Stay busy that's the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The neighbour is cutting his grass at 8 in the morning.

Send him round to cut ya mum's grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

booboo88 wrote: »
    Please tell me you meant chiseling?

chase 3  (chs)
    n.
    a. A groove cut in an object; a slot: the chase for the quarrel on a crossbow.
    b. A trench or channel for drainpipes or wiring.
    2. The part of a gun in front of the trunnions.
    3. The cavity of a mold.
    tr.v. chased, chas·ing, chas·es
    1. To groove; indent.
    2. To cut (the thread of a screw).
    3. To decorate (metal) by engraving or embossing.
    [Possibly from obsolete French chas, groove, enclosure, from Old French, from Latin capsa, box. V., variant of enchase.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Gardening forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

But what is an acceptable time to start that kind of think at the weekend.

8.02am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

skirtgirl wrote: »
    I think it is rude and inconsiderate to be cutting grass at 8am. I work night shifts and the amount of times iv wanted to kill my neighbours when I hear the lawn mower or their screaming kid is unreal. I have every sympathy for the op.

You want him to stay up all night and cut it while you are at work? Your neighbours do not have to live their lives around your working hours tbf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement