Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delete Old iPad

• 24-03-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting rid of ipad 1 for ipad 3.

How do i go about clearing all info off this before i do?
    How do i set up new ipad with all my existing apps/music/films then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

If its anything like the iphone, back it up on itunes on your computer.
    then go setting->General->reset->Erase all content and settings.

then when you get the new one, connect to itunes and restore your back up to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Grand, that easy, thanks.
    I just have a fear that I'll create a blank restore point or something.
    Thatll get rid of all user id etc too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Connect your old iPad to your computer. Back up and sync and then do a restore. That will wipe all your data and is much faster than doing the above, which can take forever. Then when you get a new iPad hook it up and restore your backup.

Connect your old iPad to your computer. Back up and sync and then do a restore. That will wipe all your data and is much faster than doing the above, which can take forever. Then when you get a new iPad hook it up and restore your backup.

Thanks, and it definitely wont set a restore point from when I wipe it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just did my iPad 2 16gb that was almost full. Used Erase all and it took all of two minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Thanks, and it definitely wont set a restore point from when I wipe it?
    Restore point?

Restore point?

Yes.
    A point from which I will back up my new iPad.

You mean a backup? If you backed up before restoring, yes. You'll need this to restore your settings and content onto your new iPad when you get it.

Advertisement