Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good coverage foundation

• 24-03-2012 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all!

Im looking for a foundation that offers good long lasting coverage. At the minute I an using a pan stick but it feels like it comes off very quickly. I was wondering if anyone uses anything they feel is good and lasts for a while before you have to re-apply it. I'm not mad on mineral powder so I'm looking to try something else.

Cheers for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nutterz

hiya kiwi123- are you using the Max Factor Pan Stick? Or the Benefit one's? Have you oily/ dry skin ?
    I have very oily skin :( and i use Esste Lader Double Wear Light durning the day and it stays on for a good while . For night time use / going out i use Benefit Play sticks .
    Hop this is some help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would recommend Estee Lauder Double Wear. A lot of people would agree it's the longest lasting, fullest coverage foundation out there. I apply mine with a foundation brush and set it using a light powder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Can estee lauder double wear be bought in Brown Thomas? How much does it cost? I'm on the hunt for a new foundation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

+1 for Estee Lauder Double Wear

Brilliant foundation, full coverage, very long lasting, good shade range, quite a matte finish and a little goes a long way. I've heard a lot of oily skinned people like it but I have dryish skin and love it. I've been using it for about 5 years and have since tried the likes of Nars Sheer Glow, Make Up For Ever HD foundation, Revlon Colourstay and Vichy Dermablend all due to their hype and none of those even come close to double wear. It is by far the longest lasting foundation I've ever tried.

One thing to bear in mind (in my opinion) is that it's not the type of foundation you can keep working at or buffing in for ages... if I do that it cakes, clumps and feels heavy. I'm not saying you can't blend it, I just feel that you're best to do an area at a time (nose, cheeks, chin, forehead) and when you've blended that out don't keep going for the sake of it as it will start to gather and go weird. Others might disagree but that's just what I find anyways.

It's available in Brown Thomas, Boots and Debenhams (in Galway at least) and is €34 (I think some shades have gone up to €34.50).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I have oil/dehydrated skin, with also v rosey cheeks!had an awful problem with getting foundation to stay on my forehead and nose with shine. I started using Dior skin nude and I love it! Use it for nights out, work, weddings, everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

Thanks guys!

Im using max factor pan stick at the mintue it's just doing nothing for me. I'll call into Brown Thomas over easter and try them out.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Graceareed

Revlon colour stay is amazing, great all day coverage, lovely colours, and different types for different skin types. takes ages to wash off my hand after applying it :)

Advertisement