Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for family outting [tomorrow]

Options
  • 24-03-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Im living in Kildare near Newbridge, looking for ideas to bring a toddler on a day out 2mrw, not indoor type outing as the weather is to be nice 2mrw apparently but we are originally dubs so any suggestions for down this way bar "emo" which we tried before but genuinly thought was useless...:confused:

was thinking of clonfert petting farm?:confused:
    thanks guys

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Donadea Forest Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Ballyman wrote: »
    Donadea Forest Park?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Lullymore heritage park near Ratangan is very good for children and adults !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Clonfert sounds gorgeous at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

thanks guys, lullymore was a bit "oldfashioned" and over priced i thought... im thinking clonfert may be a possibility, weather looks great...:D

• Advertisement

Ballyman wrote: »
    Donadea Forest Park?

brill suggestion had a ball 2day, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Donadea is fantastic. Was up there today myself - Cill Dara Scout County orienteering event was on and my kids were doing it. Beautiful day for a walk in the forest.

fwiw Clonfert pet farm is great too. I've been there a few times with the kids. It's a private farm and they don't rip you off at all.

Orion wrote: »
    Donadea is fantastic. Was up there today myself - Cill Dara Scout County orienteering event was on and my kids were doing it. Beautiful day for a walk in the forest.

fwiw Clonfert pet farm is great too. I've been there a few times with the kids. It's a private farm and they don't rip you off at all.

Ah fair play to them there were a couple on the gate zapping us in free and when we were going about 2.30pm traffic was crazy think we timed it right, will defo be back :) the kids looked like they were having a great time, farm is next on the agenda do u know if they do pony rides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That was the scouts - it was supposed to be just for parents dropping off and collecting but what the hell - €4 saved for you :)

They didn't have pony rides the last time I was there but he keeps adding stuff. I'm sure if you asked he'd get one of his ponies out.

:D sure was and that doesnt happen often , will defo be back tho...
    Must check the farm out soon, didnt get a chance last year :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Play Bunny wrote: »
    brill suggestion had a ball 2day, cheers

No problem, I was there myself too. Traffic was mental when I got there at 2pm

Advertisement