Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tree maker

• 24-03-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm sure to annoy people here as this has probably been asked a million times... so sorry in advance

I think there used to be a thread listing the free and best family tree makers/organisers but i can't seem to find it now.
    I'm looking to download or buy even, an organiser that just goes on my laptop and i fill in all myself,i dont want it to go online and search or anything as i want it all private and i can do this using the websites listed etc.
    Its all a bit overwhelming looking at them all,especially as i'm not the best with computers.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 genealogist

gateshead wrote: »
    I'm sure to annoy people here as this has probably been asked a million times... so sorry in advance

I think there used to be a thread listing the free and best family tree makers/organisers but i can't seem to find it now.
    I'm looking to download or buy even, an organiser that just goes on my laptop and i fill in all myself,i dont want it to go online and search or anything as i want it all private and i can do this using the websites listed etc.
    Its all a bit overwhelming looking at them all,especially as i'm not the best with computers.

Thanks

I'd go for ancestry as a registered user only,make sure you make it private and not show living people.

Other than that try this.......... http://www.myheritage.com/page/free-family-tree-software

Or google free family tree maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I use Myheritage which can be downloaded from myheritage.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

I use myheritage too. Tricky enough to use when you're not used to it but after a while it's great. You can put together very impressive looking individualised reports and charts for family members at the touch of a button and send them on to people. There's also an option for publishing the tree online and giving other family members access to the site. I was pretty impressed with it - especially since I had been looking at buying a package for 50 euro or more and this one was free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I like genopro.com - download and there's a free version too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement