Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrienne Rich poems?

• 24-03-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Hey guys, I'm going to be studying the poems of Adrienne Rich by myself. I didn't like Thomas Kinsella or Patrick Kavanagh (Loved Heany, Plath and Larkin, though) so I just want to have another one as a back up.

What poems do you guys think I should do? I've done Aunt Jennifer's Tigers last night - it was awesome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

That one's a great choice. I'd also recommend 'Power', 'Trying to Talk with a Man', and 'From a Survivor'. I loved all of them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

Great, thanks! I shall check them out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey guys, I'm going to be studying the poems of Adrienne Rich by myself. I didn't like Thomas Kinsella or Patrick Kavanagh (Loved Heany, Plath and Larkin, though) so I just want to have another one as a back up.

What poems do you guys think I should do? I've done Aunt Jennifer's Tigers last night - it was awesome!
    I <3 Rich, she's amazing! We did the following:

1. Aunt Jennifer's Tigers
    2. Living in Sin

3. Storm Warnings
    4. The Uncle Speaks in the Drawing Room
    5. Trying to Talk with a Man
    6. Diving into the Wreck
    7. Power

I would recommend doing numbers: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The Roofwalker

or something like that. I think it was the only poem of hers I actually liked. Or wait, it could've been 'Diving Into The Wreck". I'd do both of those anyway.

Advertisement