Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trojan back door Hupigon

• 24-03-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

windowsXP

Hi all,
    My AVG scan found: TrojanHorse backdoor.hupigon5.cdzg
    Location: C\IQON\Internet connection setup\Broadband\install_bb.exe
    Its in virus vault now.

Did a little research. On safer networking it was advised to change all passwords on internet bank account access etc. Pain!

Contacted bank and that is now in progress. However I have been advised by bank that although they are sending new access details through post I won't be able to access account with new details untill I have assured them that my computer has been 'cleaned' by a profesional person:mad:.

I know I can back up all my 'my docs' data first if I get this done but am I likely to loose all settings and favourites bookmarks and the like. They don't put the machine back to factory settings do they?

By the way there were some documents opened at time of scan and possibly my hotmail account, an oversight on my part.

Any comments welcomed please.
    And also any comments on the little nasty too please.

thanks for reading.

Comments

Advertisement