Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One is ashamed to hail from Tipperary.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

stovelid wrote: »
    A post that simultaneously advances and confirms its central proposition.

It is commentary such as above that makes After Hours the humorous establishment it is.

I doff my hat to you Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

woodoo wrote: »
    14,104 of you in Tipp voted Michael Lowery into office in the last election. Oh the shame.

Can you tell me of any wronging doing Lowery was ever convicted of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Can you tell me of any wronging doing Lowery was ever convicted of?

Did he try and break into the queens bedroom as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Also the fact they continue to vote for that crook Lowry in their droves is another reason to be ashamed to be from the Premier County.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭SeanW

Also the fact they continue to vote for that crook Lowry in their droves is another reason to be ashamed to be from the Premier County.
    +100

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lowry is the only fella who ever did anything for North Tipp, We'll turn a blind eye to any nuances and keep voting him in.

Please tell me thats sacrasm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I think the guy should be commended for managing to climb an 8 foot wall while arseholed drunk. Must have some spring in his legs. My hat is off to him.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Please tell me thats sacrasm?

Nope its reality friend, that's how the world works, you grease the wheels. It ain't going to change in our lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

They have no shame in Tipperary, doing this when they can't even win two in a row :pac:

• Advertisement

Min wrote: »

They have no shame in Tipperary, doing this when they can't even win two in a row :pac:

Wait till September Cat we're taking Liam back!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kissthesky

Nope its reality friend, that's how the world works, you grease the wheels. It ain't going to change in our lifetime.
    you've hit the nail on the head there. If boards existed 100 yrs ago that would still be an appropiate answer. Its just the way things are done in Ireland. No amount of debate or 'well, thats just wrong' will change it. For that matter , substitute Ireland for any other country in the world and u will still come to the same conclusion. I'm sure some fella in the back arse of China is grateful that his local rep has fixed his cowtrack/road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Wait till September Cat we're taking Liam back!!!!!:p

You can hope :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

My granny is from Mullinahone. Those tipp people are mad. Still, ya gotta love the golden vale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Gwan da Premier County

Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp, come on John Leahy, give it a lash

Hey, you posters from Mayo and Dublin are in no position to judge how we vote, look to your counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Any Tipp person who votes for Michael Lowry should be ashamed of themselves.

• Advertisement

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Any Tipp person who votes for Michael Lowry should be ashamed of themselves.

Rubbish, I take it you don't live in the real world, Are we the culchie class who vote in criminals at the drop of a hat.. Roscrea is suffering big time, we lost Antigen a multinational company that closed its door's at 2.5 million profit, all down to silly Western women who couldn't do their ****ing jobs!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 charlie haughey

thats one for the guinness books i would be well proud of that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

He's actually from Shannon, Co. Clare.

I know him personally. He's a lovely guy and one of the quietest guys you'd ever meet. He was just langers and to be fair I'm sure lots of us have done worse than this after a few pints. Poor lad is mortified and is getting some slaggin' over it haha. He's taking it well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DonkyPlonk

i hear he is a cousin of Michael Fagan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

She really needs to invest in a a better fence!!

Doesn't say much for one's security systems if a drunken guy can accidentally break in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Solair wrote: »
    She really needs to invest in a a better fence!!

Doesn't say much for one's security systems if a drunken guy can accidentally break in!!

Suprised the place hasn't been robbed yet (Paul Burrell aside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Leave us alone he's originally from Clare :p. As a mullinahone man who knows robbie, lovely guy in person, i think this is a disgraceful example of the tabloids and the rest of the media scum jumping on a total non-news story to make money off of ruining a good man who got a little too drunk and did something silly. who here has never done something seriously stupid or illegal while drunk?. fock the newsies, piles of scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Shane Long's from tipp though. And he's sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Christ, they must really have to figure out their security now! He got within feet of Her apartments, apparently.

If its the gate I think it is, there would have been a mere 300 ft, at least two walls and four armed Irish Guards between him and the queen. If she was even there in the first place.

Scary stuff.

The man is a national hero.

EVERY PUB IN TANLAND??? Jaysus that is something for the CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Edz87 wrote: »
    The man is a national hero.

EVERY PUB IN TANLAND??? Jaysus that is something for the CV.
    Where is TANLAND?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Good old nenagh town will never let you down..

have some pride in your county.. this one is not ashamed to be from tipp :)

the guy in question is married to a Mullinahone woman and not even from tipp. a tipp address does not constitute been born and bred there.

EDIT: Im sure the guy in question meant absolutely no harm and twas just a silly incident after a few drinks that got out of hand.

Advertisement