Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Short Story

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Creole is a language in Haiti, it's a mix of French and tribal languages. I think the author is using the word 'creole' in a sense that it's a mix of two languages or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Lads, can you tell a few storyline ideas that ye are NOT overprotective of? :rolleyes: I'm just really interested what people write about. 'Eerie, dramatic, gripping' - that's all very general. Any actual storylines that you can share? I always find myself thinking for ages on what to write and then I have to rush! Not great at all.

Walking home late at night with eerie sounds and sights, building up the tension to make the reader think that something bad is going to happen - and then you can choose how you want it to end.

They don't have to be catastrophes on a grand scale, I think less is more personally and I like to keep stories realistic. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing worse than 'fancy' words or phrases used incorrectly.

Read more.
    Read all sorts of writing, then read some more.

Advertisement