Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Internet On Blackberry

Options
  • 24-03-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi just windering could someone guide me through the process of setting up mobile internet on my Blackberry curve.I have the service providers internet setings but cant go any further.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What network are you with? Pre or bill pay? Have you got the BlackBerry service add-on (BIS)? What model curve specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 123bar56

Hi I am with 48 go conquer its de blackberry curve 8520..Like i can use facebook etc in a wifi zone but just cant get mobile internet

I'm afraid 48months dont support BlackBerry services so BBM and email wont work. It might be possible to get data to work if you.
    Under Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP
    Enable APN and put:
    48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Leave the username and password blank. Exit and save. Reboot the phone with a battery pull and try the browser. If it doesn't work post back. We can try one other option.

still no look de message "This is a wi fi service.Please ensure your device has an active wi fi connection and try again" comes up when i try put in a web address in de browser

Get in to a wifi zone and open the blackberry browser and go to:
    http://mini.opera.com
    Download opera and install
    Test that browser on the network signal and see if it works

• Advertisement

no still no luck..thanks for your help thou..Ill just hav t wait fr 48 t bring out mobile internet for their customers

48months have mobile Internet but the problem is how the blackberry works. They really requires BIS services (blackberry services) to work. Hopefully they will bring the service but it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mahad086

hey so i just got a blackberry bold 9900 is there any way i can get 48 go conquer internt on it

I dont think so. They still dont support blackberry services

Advertisement