Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display cabinet for retail needed

Options
  • 24-03-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im involved in a small retail business and we need a display cabinet.

I know it sounds simple but we cant get one anywhere....

need one approx 5 feet x 5 feet.

Glass both sides and lockable!

Does anyone know where we can get one thats not going to cost the moon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

jetski wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im involved in a small retail business and we need a display cabinet.

I know it sounds simple but we cant get one anywhere....

need one approx 5 feet x 5 feet.

Glass both sides and lockable!

Does anyone know where we can get one thats not going to cost the moon?

Hi Jetski,

Check the business adverts section of Adverts.ie or any online small ads website.

Regards,

Fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nomnomnom

Head for Ikea mate,I wish Ikea had been in Ireland when I had my shops,they have cabinets for 50 euro lockable

Otherwise go to Argos for glass with mirror backed cabinets ,cant remember the price.

Think outside your socks on this one because those "shop display cabinets" are expensive and hard to track down,if you need a couple of them without importing or paying someone to manufacture it for you and you cant wait around for some second hand ones head for Ikea or argos mate,they do the job and if they are carefully filled and well presented/positioned they will absolutely do the job.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/10011055/

These are the job mate,both sides glass,easily put together,no locks on these one s but magnetic door clip and you can go down to your local lock smith and buy a very cheap (5 euro/8euro) lock that scres into the top and works great.

Also it has a light that can be fitted (sold separately I think) but its not very bright ,you can buy these though and fit them inside very inconspicuously.One set can do 4 cabinets as the lights are strong and the cables are long,buy the white llight version,its a really clean white led light rather than the version that changes colours every few seconds,its tacky.

Heres the argos one which you can fit a similar lock to on top so it has a catch on the top or your locksmith will also have one which yuou can glue to the front of the doors (this cabinet is double door).If you are careful with the glue it will look totally professional.It has a mirrored back which will reflect the ikea led light really nicely (these cabinets are bigger so you may want to use all 4 led lights on each cabinet,the leds will nicely hide in the corners at the front where the door connects to the cabinet,bit of small drilling for cables involved just.)This cabinet should be available in silver/grey rather that wooden colours also.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6141152/Trail/searchtext%3ECABINETS.htm

Any questions on this just ask.

Forgot to say,as I mentioned a lockable Ikea one,its metal and has a small metal shelf under neath.It could work nicely too depending on your type of store.It has a lock with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to reply... i actually seen the ones in Ikea.. they are perfect but too thin, they would need to be about 5 feet wide!

Cant believe how hard they are to find!

• Advertisement

Mate it is nigh on impossible,really and truly.Dont forget to check the uk second hand sites etc.You might get lucky and find some in the North or maybe a drive over to Wales ....I dunno,I understand the frustration though mate completely.

Advertisement