Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching to boi for business account

Options
  • 24-03-2012 4:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

I'm considering switching my business bank a/c from AIB to BOI. At the minute AIB charge me €50 per quarter for IBB. But if I switch to BOI, I'll get free banking for 2 years. Thereafter €15 per month for the account.
    Should I switch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

johnmck wrote: »
    I'm considering switching my business bank a/c from AIB to BOI. At the minute AIB charge me €50 per quarter for IBB. But if I switch to BOI, I'll get free banking for 2 years. Thereafter €15 per month for the account.
    Should I switch?

While two free years of internet banking is of course 400 quid for your pocket instead of theirs, I can tell you that the quality of that internet banking is a joke by comparison to AIB's systems.

Once your two years of free service are up, you'll be paying €5 per quarter less for a much poorer service, not to mention the hassle of rearranging any standing payments or debits you have set up on the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

BOI business online is unimaginably sh1t. It hasn't changed in 10 years.

It also only works on Internet explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

Have you considered Ulster Bank? 1 year free internet banking on business accounts, and their service is a damn sight better than BOI. Not quite as good as AIB, but better none the less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

ok good to know. wonder if I can convince AIB to give me 2 years free if I threaten to leave. I'm sure they don't give a ****, saying as the tax payer owns most of the banks now anyway. staff at BOI are a lot friendlier and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

My 2 years free business banking with BoI has run out, and now I am being fleeced. Switching to Ulster Bank :pac:

The BoI business online system is, as others have already stated - REALLY BAD. And you even get charged extra for the privilege of using it!

And YES - you can negotiate with your manager! Go in and threaten them with closure and they will likely waive fees. BoI have offered to do this for me (if I keep money on deposit etc), but I am still gonna switch because of the lousy system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    BOI business online is unimaginably sh1t. It hasn't changed in 10 years.

It also only works on Internet explorer.

It works on Chrome/firefox. Never used AIB so I can't compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

enviro wrote: »
    It works on Chrome/firefox. Never used AIB so I can't compare.

No it doesn't. Maybe you're talking about BOI personal online banking.

Yeah he's confused. BoI personal banking just got an update - it's quite decent.

BoI business banking is completely different and is a nightmare to use even if you got a computer science degree :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I use 365 for my personal bank acc, and recently opened a business account with boi (although I didn't know about the free fees for 2years with them, and they of course never offered me the option :( ). But anyways, I got them to add the business account in on my existing 365 profile, which since it got an update is not too bad, works on chrome no problems.

You must be a sole trader. Can't do this for a proper company account as there are 2 directors.

In other words, you have two personal accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

srsly78 wrote: »
    You must be a sole trader. Can't do this for a proper company account as there are 2 directors.

In other words, you have two personal accounts.

Hmm its a business account, in joint names.

Advertisement