Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ovulation

• 24-03-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi. I was told that in order to conceive a couple should have sex between day 7 and day 20 of the cycle. I am wondering if day 7 begins after my periods starts or is it day 7 after my period ends? I initially thought it was 7 days after my period ends but maybe I am wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Day 1 is the first day of proper bleeding (not spotting).

Depending on how long your cycle is, ovulation should happen between 12 and 16 days before your next expected period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

june17 wrote: »
    Hi. I was told that in order to conceive a couple should have sex between day 7 and day 20 of the cycle. I am wondering if day 7 begins after my periods starts or is it day 7 after my period ends? I initially thought it was 7 days after my period ends but maybe I am wrong?

If you have a 28 day cycle the best time to have sex is the day before you ovulate (roughly day 14) - so having sex every second day between day 10 - 20 will cover you :) - sperm can last up to 48-72 hours in the cervical mucus

Advertisement