Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant recommendation in Waterford

Options
  • 24-03-2012 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

I just landed a contract to subcontract for a marketing firm. It's my first time not working as a direct employee, so I'm still learning the ropes. One thing I know I haven't a hope of doing myself is my taxes, so I'm looking for a recommendation on an accountant in Waterford.

I can keep the books no problem, but converting the expenditure and income into an amount of money to pay the revenue is a little outside my comfort zone. I'd prefer an accountant that I can drop off the books at their schedule, and pay a yearly invoice to them, along with the amount they say I owe the revenue every October.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

ferdiaob wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just landed a contract to subcontract for a marketing firm. It's my first time not working as a direct employee, so I'm still learning the ropes. One thing I know I haven't a hope of doing myself is my taxes, so I'm looking for a recommendation on an accountant in Waterford.

I can keep the books no problem, but converting the expenditure and income into an amount of money to pay the revenue is a little outside my comfort zone. I'd prefer an accountant that I can drop off the books at their schedule, and pay a yearly invoice to them, along with the amount they say I owe the revenue every October.

Any recommendations?

Are you setting up as a sole trader or limited company? If the latter you can use an online service like companysetup.ie to establish the company which may work put cheaper than an accountant. For ongoing returns - Corp, VAT, P30 etc. you can drop me a PM and I'll pass on the details of the guy I've used for a few years now. Might also be worth an initial conversation to establish what you can buy through the company and then depreciate.

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ferdiaob

Are you setting up as a sole trader or limited company? If the latter you can use an online service like companysetup.ie to establish the company which may work put cheaper than an accountant. For ongoing returns - Corp, VAT, P30 etc. you can drop me a PM and I'll pass on the details of the guy I've used for a few years now. Might also be worth an initial conversation to establish what you can buy through the company and then depreciate.

SSE

Hi sunny. Sole trader me thinks. I'll PM you in a mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Highly recommend O'Sullivan Scanlon on the quays, for small businesses. Darragh O'Sullivan in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

OP, I was in a similar position as yourself in 2010 and was recommended Stephen King of Walsh|King and haven't looked back. An absolute gentlemen who can translate tax to english. I've recommended him to a few people and they've all had positive things to say about him.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    OP, I was in a similar position as yourself in 2010 and was recommended Stephen King of Walsh|King and haven't looked back. An absolute gentlemen who can translate tax to english. I've recommended him to a few people and they've all had positive things to say about him.

Added to the list of calls to make on Monday. Cheers Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

ferdiaob wrote: »
    Added to the list of calls to make on Monday. Cheers Paddy.

PM Sent. Good luck with the contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

+1 for Stephen King.

Also, you can say Stephen King does your books! You know... Stephen King?! Books?!

.............................I'll see meself out :(

Chochese wrote: »
    +1 for Stephen King.

Also, you can say Stephen King does your books! You know... Stephen King?! Books?!

.............................I'll see meself out :(

Take a sympathy "lol" ;)

Advertisement