Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expat in China (iPhone questions)

• 24-03-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Ni hao, everyone.

I'm currently living and "teaching" in Central (Red) China and have been considering getting an iPhone for a while now. A new 4S costs around 500 yoyos out here. But I have some concerns, namely -

1) If I bring it back to Ireland, can I buy an Irish sim card and use it day-to-day to make and receive calls?
    2) Will the apps work in Ireland if I purchase them in China? (someone told me that they won't, but can't confirm that...)
    3) Will Siri work in China??

I know I could ask the local Apple store staff but I can't speak Chinese so I couldn't. Anyone who can shed light on the above questions will earn my eternal gratitude and a pair of chopsticks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

stannis wrote: »
    Ni hao, everyone.

I'm currently living and "teaching" in Central (Red) China and have been considering getting an iPhone for a while now. A new 4S costs around 500 yoyos out here. But I have some concerns, namely -

1) If I bring it back to Ireland, can I buy an Irish sim card and use it day-to-day to make and receive calls?
    Answer yes once bought through a apple store online or store the phone will be sim free and can be used anywhere in the world

2) Will the apps work in Ireland if I purchase them in China? (someone told me that they won't, but can't confirm that...)
    Answer best way to do this is to use a Irish or USA iTunes account and buy the apps that way so they can be used anywhere in the world.
    3) Will Siri work in China??
    Answer not 100% sure as it just about works here in Ireland :) but don't see why it would not just go to languages and set to English.

Last thing make sure it's a real apple store you buy it from as heat on the news there are pop up stores out there selling CRAP idevices

Advertisement