Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owned 'the Quiet Man'?

Options
  • 24-03-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have info on the horse, subsequently called the Quiet Man, ridden by Mr Wayne in that film?

Wayne didn't ride it in the film, but who did? Who owned it?

I have heard that the horse was exported to, I think, Italy and that there was a statue made somewhere in its honour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

My Sister-in Law's uncle ( now R.I.P ) was an excellent horseman and I know he did some riding scenes in that movie - cannot say if these were scenes standing in for John Wayne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Thanks Delancey
    I wonder was he credited in the film? I have some relations who say they were involved in some scenes but were not credited. The horse also (I think) was owned by a family relation, but again not acknowledged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Dunno if he was credited , seeing my Sister-in Law tomorrow so will ask her then.

Advertisement