Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First leaked trailer for series 7

• 24-03-2012 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I woulda post in the casting thread, but... there we are. First trailer for series 7 of Doctor who, kinda low quality

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Here's a cam-recording that's a little closer to the screen; hopefully it'll get released to the public soon

Looks exciting, albeit mostly from one episode (the wild-west is actually Spain, where they are at the moment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well that answers one question anyway

What will Moffat rip off next?

Cowboys & Aliens, apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently a proper version of that trailer is out tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Daemos wrote: »

Next? Why what did he rip off lately? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

His predecessor is filming a show called Wizards Vs Aliens as the replacement for Sarah Jane Adventures.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Next? Why what did he rip off lately? :confused:
    A Christmas Carol, Time Traveller's Wife, The Chronicles of Narnia...

Of course the more blatant a rip-off you make it, the easier it is to get away with it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Of course the more blatant a rip-off you make it, the easier it is to get away with it ;)

In fairness, it's a Who tradition. In fact, two of Who's biggest stories are slants on old classics, like Weng Chiang/Sherlock Holmes or Morbius/Frankenstein's Monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Because no-one else has ever done another 'version' of those movies before, right?

I'm growing weary of this pointless hatred of Moffat.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Because no-one else has ever done another 'version' of those movies before, right?

I'm growing weary of this pointless hatred of Moffat.
    Jeez, it was only a joke. I don't hate him. He isn't perfect but then nobody is

Sigh. This has just reminded me of how pretty Karen Gillan is. (and how I need to dye my hair again to make it as red as hers :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Sweet, looking forward to this, after the pretty dull christmas special i hope this will be jammers with fun!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

An Egyptian queen! Looks a bit like Nefertiti.

I'm also predicting some groany puns on the name of the town: Mercy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sigh. This has just reminded me of how pretty Karen Gillan is. (and how I need to dye my hair again to make it as red as hers :P)

I'll miss her, so just impossibly and perfectly stunning. (Please do, not enough redheads around these days!)

Anyway, think we are allowed to embed from Youtube:

As we don't know the Series order yet hard to know where the Cowboy one fits in, maybe a bit too American like to be a season opener after the Impossible Astronaut?

I like the look of the snow one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

Was that River with curly blonde hair?? dressed up like a saloon girl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

lestat21 wrote: »
    Was that River with curly blonde hair?? dressed up like a saloon girl...

I don't think so, stand to be corrected though, the girl in question though is drawing on 11's face?

If it was river she would have had a line in the trailer surely.

cloud493 wrote: »
    If it was river she would have had a line in the trailer surely.

It's definitely not her.

They haven't formally announced she'll be back yet. But she will be.

Damn it :mad: hope they do someone with her in the episodes leading up to Amy and Rory leaving so she doesn't come back for Jenna's series.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Damn it :mad: hope they do someone with her in the episodes leading up to Amy and Rory leaving so she doesn't come back for Jenna's series.

Well if you're hoping she'll be written out with the Ponds, you might be disappointed.

A chap can dream anyway :rolleyes:

Her arc is predominantly over though, isn't it? Certainly the central mystery of her character is done & dusted. I presume she'll just pop up for a cameo or two whenever it suits...

Spoilers ;)

Advertisement