Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV and neighbours

Options
  • 24-03-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm just wondering if someone could give me a bit of advice on getting CCTV installed.

One of our family cars is getting vandalised frequently and we are 99% sure we know who's doing it but the guards can't do anything about it until we have it on film.

I'd like not to spend over €200 for the system and the other thing is the neighbour across the road is a bit of a pain, and I feel she's going to say something as the area the camera would be point at may capture the footpath outside her garden while the car isn't parked on the driveway, (she's one of those types that thinks she owes the public pavement outside her house)...

Any advise would be helpful. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You wouldnt get much of a system for that price. Maybe a diy kit but they generally have a bad quality image. Once you cant see into her property it should be fine. Its not illegal to record public areas as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Also if you are going to need the recording for evidence make sure the system you buy has digital watermarking on the images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

altor wrote: »
    Also if you are going to need the recording for evidence make sure the system you buy has digital watermarking on the images.

How did i forget the most important feature! (Smacks head) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pixieprinny

Hey guys,

Got a quote for 2 camera's and a DVR and it was €730. Think that's awfully high, would that be a normal price??

The same guy installed camera's in a friends and cost him €190 (without the DVR)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would really need to see what spec of a system your getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/
    open this and click on cctv, security, tab:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Nothing there would be my first choice.:rolleyes:
    Better off looking over some of the suppliers here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Are we looking for info on any particular package?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

So this would be a no no.... http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-4ch-h.264-network-dvr-with-2-x-ccd-cameras--mobile-access-617711

Seen it in Maplins for 200euro...

Just all sales talk there. No spec info so I doubt it would be that good.

Advertisement