Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Help

Options
  • 24-03-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking for a good wired and cheap headset for my xbox(like a turtle beach). Wont be using it all the time just to use while the wife watches the soaps haha. Are the ones in xtravision any good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

whats your max budget

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

to be honest whatever i get for trading in resident evil raccoon city hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

to be honest whatever i get for trading in resident evil raccoon city hahahah

and how much would that be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Tbh, if you're going to buy this, invest in it. Don't buy the one in xtravision (I'm assuming it's the orb brand). I had two of them, both broke in less than two months. On the other hand, I've mates who paid the extra money and have had no problems with thier turtle beaches... They may be far more expensive but you're getting your money for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You can probably still buy Turtle Beach X11's somewhere, they aren't the best, but they are far from the worst and they'll apparently stand up to punishment, at least my pair do.

I got them when they were €50, but you can probably get them for €35 or something now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

From one of my posts around the start of the year (still very happy with them) -Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icaras
    just bought Gioteck EX-05 Wired Headphone on amazon, should be with me before new year - they got good reviews, ill let you know how I get on with them.
    Got these this morning and played 2 games of MW3. Very happy with them, I didn't set up as per the instructions as I am using a HDMI cable but just plugged them into the xbox slim and TV and they seem to be perfect.
    They are very light and seem very sturdy and with the adjustably sizes fit me and the gf (who has a smaller head than me thankfully) snugly.
    When using them can definitely tell where the shots are coming form and they did let me know where (roughly) a sentry gun was. Noticeably great sound for the choppers too so when an enemy one is around I roughly know where they are without having to look at the map. I also pick up the little touches better too like when running past bins in the London level I can hear the flies at the bins and footsteps in the hardhat level go from gravel to wood to concrete in the room.
    Very happy and at 30 pounds on amazon you cant really go wrong.

Advertisement