Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Kinsale Road- worst service ever??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I've been to the one in Blackpool before the cinema the odd time and I can't fault it for what it is. Decent burger and chips and there's usually some deal where it costs about €10 with a drink. I like it anyway. Change from MacDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Even the vouchers are hard to come by, ive switched to Captain Americas, far far better value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Dont really Eat fast food,, and when i do its only when theirs Deals going,

Like Eddie Rockets, i tried the one down in Blackpool for the first time last Saturday their Food isnt that nice as the one i got in Kinsale Road..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

grenache wrote: »
    Please don't lump all the Cork Eddie Rockets into the same boat.
    You are probably right on that one. I was just going on what people have said in this post and to me IRL as well. Haven't tried the Blackpool one. However my experience in the Kinsale Rd one would put me off going to any of them TBH. But point taken. I won't put them all into the same category from now on :)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    New user signs up praising a place it's shilling, new user signs up saying a place is sh1t and that's fine :rolleyes:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're talking this thread.. I am not a new user.

nursemar88 wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're talking this thread.. I am not a new user.

Not referring to your good self or this thread at all :)
    In this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056150530
    a new user flamed a business and it was deemed fine, on other threads new users praising places are marked as shillers and their posts deleted or edited yet the reference to shilling remains, thus slighting the business owners and folks commenting how no good restaurant needs to falsely review themselves.

I was replying to Howjoe1's post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Empty Pockets...

Not referring to your good self or this thread at all :)
    In this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056150530
    a new user flamed a business and it was deemed fine, on other threads new users praising places are marked as shillers and their posts deleted or edited yet the reference to shilling remains, thus slighting the business owners and folks commenting how no good restaurant needs to falsely review themselves.

I was replying to Howjoe1's post :)

Ok grand! Thanks for clearing that up for me :) I didn't get that from the link Howjoe1 left..hence my confusion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Joean

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ok just got back from this place and I need to rant. Myself and the bf went here because we like the food but I'm never going again. :mad::mad:

We were completely ignored by staff for 15 mins before they even came near us and took our order. When we gave our order we were told we would have to wait half an hour for our food. I figured it was very busy so fair enough! Ordered a starter and made clear we wanted it as a starter first, because the last two times we went they brought the starter out with the rest of the food as well. :rolleyes:

Anyway half an hour later the waitress comes over with our burgers. I asked where our starter was and she said they forgot it. She said we could have dessert instead but that we couldn't have the starter. I explained I didn't want a dessert but she just said the starter wasn't an option now.Eventually I said fine I'll just take the burgers because we were starving.

Went to pay and complained about the terrible service. The girl was quite rude and basically said 'fine, don't pay for it so'. We didn't of course. I just want to say I have absolutely no problem paying for my food and would prefer to actually get what I ordered than get it for free!! OK RANT OVER!

Has anyone else found this place terrible??
    Hi I was there on the same day and was told I might have to wait a little longer for food as it was very busy and I clearly saw that it was!! I have to say we got our food after 20-25 mins and it was lovely I couldn't complain and my waitress was lovely she also took my money at the till and said sorry a few times for the wait on our food but what I will say is where was the manager should he/she be there to help them out?? Why was there just 3 people on the floor to serve 80-90 people and all I could see was 2 guys in the kitchen...I have work in a restaurant for over 13yrs so know how these lads and girls must felt at times it's not there fault but have to take the blame from the angry customer when there tryin there best which in my opinion they did on this day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flannel

I hate the one in Kinsale Road, was in there once and chomping away on my chicken fillet burger, and I pulled out of my mouth, a VERY long and curly black hair. Bleck, puke, vomit!!!!! I didn't want to cause a scene, so I ditched the burger and said i'd eat the chips instead. Found a short black curly one in my bowl of chips! More Bleck, puke, vomit!!!!!!! I wanted to leave there and then. My other half said to the guy when we were paying about the 2 hairs, so he said "Okay I won't charge for the drinks" We only had one each!!!! I should never have paid that night, vile, disgusting, still turns my stomach.

The food is only okay too for the prices they charge. If I want to go to Eddies now I go to Mahon Point but that would be very very rare.

Flannel wrote: »
    ....Found a short black curly one in my bowl of chips! More Bleck, puke, vomit!!!!!!! ...........

Presumably that was a pube.

btw, what's bleck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Presumably that was a pube.

btw, what's bleck?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bleck

bleck - to regurgitate abruptly and forcefully

OR

bleck - The sound whales emit during sexual intercourse. :eek::eek:

Joean wrote: »
    Hi I was there on the same day and was told I might have to wait a little longer for food as it was very busy and I clearly saw that it was!! I have to say we got our food after 20-25 mins and it was lovely I couldn't complain and my waitress was lovely she also took my money at the till and said sorry a few times for the wait on our food but what I will say is where was the manager should he/she be there to help them out?? Why was there just 3 people on the floor to serve 80-90 people and all I could see was 2 guys in the kitchen...I have work in a restaurant for over 13yrs so know how these lads and girls must felt at times it's not there fault but have to take the blame from the angry customer when there tryin there best which in my opinion they did on this day!!

I know there were three girls working that night. One of them I recognize from being there a few times and she is lovely. I am not for once saying they were all horrible but the two girls that i dealt with did not do their job properly or professionally. I have worked as a waitress in many a busy restaurant and I just think that you don't bring out main courses without knowing if the starters have gotten there and if that does happen you don't tell the customer you cant have the food you ordered. No matter how busy it is. I also had no problem waiting 30 mins for my food because I was told about the wait. However it was the 15 mins before anyone came near us to take the order. This is just my experience though. Glad it was a good one for you :)
    Flannel wrote: »
    I hate the one in Kinsale Road, was in there once and chomping away on my chicken fillet burger, and I pulled out of my mouth, a VERY long and curly black hair. Bleck, puke, vomit!!!!! I didn't want to cause a scene, so I ditched the burger and said i'd eat the chips instead. Found a short black curly one in my bowl of chips! More Bleck, puke, vomit!!!!!!! I wanted to leave there and then. My other half said to the guy when we were paying about the 2 hairs, so he said "Okay I won't charge for the drinks" We only had one each!!!! I should never have paid that night, vile, disgusting, still turns my stomach.
    Oh god! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

KTRIC wrote: »
    The one on Parnell Street (Dublin) is much the same.

As is the one in Stillorgan. I ordered a milkshake with mine which they had forgotten about and took about 30 minutes for them to serve us, let along the 30 extra minutes waiting to get it (They were busy I suppose). I think the one in town is pretty good. They get bad trade but I've always been served pretty snappy and the staff are friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gubbie wrote: »
    As is the one in Stillorgan. I ordered a milkshake with mine which they had forgotten about and took about 30 minutes for them to serve us, let along the 30 extra minutes waiting to get it (They were busy I suppose). I think the one in town is pretty good. They get bad trade but I've always been served pretty snappy and the staff are friendly

It's the one in town that I go to - never been to the one in Blackpool or Kinsale Road. I'm amazed they are still open though, even after nights out (which is usually when I go) they aren't even busy which you'd expect them to be cos they are very near many popular bars/pubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

i went to the Kilumney Inn for a pint, the glass she gave me was covered in lipstick

i complained about it and asked for another one

she didn't seem too happy about the idea and just glared at me with a stern face

i was given a new pint, but no apology, i don't know what her problem was, but it's horrible to be treated like that

did she expect me to drink it with lipstick

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Hi Guys,
    I've been in the Kinsale Rd roundabout eddie rockets, (beside travelodge), about 6 times in the last 6 months. I have to say I've never had a problem there. They are a bit expensive but I like it for a treat now and again. Food was always good and served quickly. Never had a problem with staff at all.
    Thats my tuppence worth anyway. I havent ever been in any other eddie rockets branches.

ACV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

cooranig23 wrote: »
    i went to the Kilumney Inn for a pint, the glass she gave me was covered in lipstick

i complained about it and asked for another one

she didn't seem too happy about the idea and just glared at me with a stern face

i was given a new pint, but no apology, i don't know what her problem was, but it's horrible to be treated like that

did she expect me to drink it with lipstick

Different Topic Bud this is Eddie Rockets getting a Hammering not Kilumney... by the way i would have ask for my money back and walked to the next pub if she glared at me,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Im actually amazed this fast food chain is still going. Its overpriced & mediocre.

If i want a quick burger & chips i'll head to macky d's any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Im actually amazed this fast food chain is still going. Its overpriced & mediocre.

If i want a quick burger & chips i'll head to macky d's any day.
    its nice enough. they cook a nice burger and they have a great value student deal

McDonalds always leaves me hungry. which is weird seeing as the calorie content is so high. And nowadays i don't find them as cheap, there was a time when you could get a big mac meal for 5-6 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

EyeSight wrote: »
    its nice enough. they cook a nice burger and they have a great value student deal

McDonalds always leaves me hungry. which is weird seeing as the calorie content is so high. And nowadays i don't find them as cheap, there was a time when you could get a big mac meal for 5-6 euro
    This is because McDonald's is not actually food, it is more akin to plastic. Very little nutritional content in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

grenache wrote: »
    This is because McDonald's is not actually food, it is more akin to plastic. Very little nutritional content in it.

rubbish post deserves rubbish reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

rubbish post deserves rubbish reply

......somebody's sarcasm detector is clearly broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Overpriced & Overrated ... give me a KC's or Golden Fry in the car anyday over that reheated microwaved crap... Independent Chippers & Restaurants are always better

Advertisement