Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Practical- Screen Printing

• 24-03-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I did screen printing for my Mock and got 66/100. Now I'd really like to do this for the actual exam and am just wondering how I can improve?
    This is what I did for my Mock:

<image snipped - please repost a smaller version>

Obviously the ink bled a bit but I ended up using a really loose screen so my red ink was a bit of a mess. My teacher also said that the little mistakes on my print (like the black bits not fitting into the wings properly) are ok because we're not using a machine so it can never actually be perfect anyway (hopefully this is true!)

I'm also planning on using at least one more colour in the actual exam.

The corrector wrote on my preliminary sheet that an "alternative to finish piece needed on 2nd sheet to boost grade". what exactly does this mean? Because my teacher was actually quite confused :P

Apparently I also need a larger variety of ideas using pattern and colour studies, and I'm wondering why my own teacher never mentioned this to me at all :/ He seemed fine with what i'd done!

Anyway, if anyone is actually doing screenprinting here I'd appreciate any advice on how to get a higher mark overall :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Wow I did not realise that the picture would come out so huge :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't post images of what could be exam work for the 2012 exams.

Can you resize and repost your 'mock' image?

Advertisement