Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's first TICA cat show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Im looking forward to this too! The only other cat show Ive been at was the Midlands cat club show this year and a few people I was chatting to recommended going to this one! I heard it differs a lot from the GCCFI shows though, how different is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

It's a very different format for those exhibiting and thise who visit. The judging can be viewed by everyone, they judge will have a table and a scratch post and the owners or visitors can sit around and watch. A lot of the judges will interact with the crowd and explain the good and bad points of a cat, what they are looking for etc.
    With the midlands for example visitors only have a few hrs and the hall gets packed and you can't see the main judging but with this you can spend the day there. For exhibitors it differs in that we can handle our own cats, we bring them to judging and get involved. With the usual shows here the owner is to be unknown to the judge.
    It's the first of its kind in Ireland so it will be a new experience for exhibitors and visitors but hopefully it will be a fun day!

Oh that sounds really good! I'd love to be able to actually watch the judging, especially if the judge is pointing out what they are doing. Does TICA recognise more breeds of cat than the GCCFI too? I don't know much about the organisation, that's just what I've gathered from a small bit of research :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

There a few different breeds recognised or on the way to be recognised (ones that are not included in the GCCF/GCCFI list yet). Reason is TICA is world wide and GCCFI is purely irish( they follow the uk equivilant), so more breeders of different breeds worldwide, more people to push for recognision, means breeds will get recognised quicker than in the UK or Ire.
    Britsh longhair, Don spyhnx, savanah, scotish fold being some.

Really enjoyed this today, it's a much better layout than the GCCFI shows in my opinion as a spectator! I spend most of the day at ring 1 watching the judging and she was fantastic, really explaining all the breeds well. I especially liked her description of the Sphynx as being everything a woman doesn't want - pot belly, bald and wrinkled! :D I'm definitely going to go to next years one too, I really want to enter one of my babies in it in the house hold pets category, has anyone any tips on showing? Can't wait to get involved!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement