Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out of friend zone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

OP, sorry to hear that things didn't go to plan ... but you're very, very young, and there will be lots and lots of other girls.
    There have been signs the last few weeks, was talking one day and out of nowhere i got this, "any girl would be lucky to have you, even me" and she got me to carry her down a hill while drunk and i apoligised for touching her ass and she said "i dont mind". If i had any balls i would have said something then but i dont.

For future reference, you should probably have done something - seems like you had an ideal opportunity to go for the shift right there and do your talking later. It's very easy to talk the romance out of any given situation ... generally speaking, if it feels right, do it. No need to over-think or over-talk. Actions speak louder than words in these things, innit.

Also, there's no surer way of putting ladies off than thinking they're out of your league, a bit of roguish confidence will get you a long long way in this world.

Anyway, she seems like a bit of a drama princess from what I can make out of this, so I'd just pick yourself up and move on, lesson learned. She may live to regret missing her chance.

Oh, and it's probably best not to ask the advice of a bunch of randomers on the internet for the next time something like this comes up, or to take their opinions too seriously ... just sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

stop being a chump and be a man. guys dont hang out with girls, you get stuck into them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The dilemma is simple: Girl iv known for 4/5 years, always kinda fancied her, got to know her during last year and find myself madly in love with her. She's probably out of my league to be honest. There is no doubt i am in the friend zone, she even said it while we talking one time. Iv decided i want to let my feelings be known but how do i do it when im so far in the friend zone?
    She's never gonna have sex with you, but will cock-block you at every opportunity.
    Tell her to **** off and then move on.

It's the mothering instinct of Irish women.
    They want to look after you, want you to find the perfect woman, but no woman will ever be good enough for their male best friend, so they'll just lead you along until they find a boyfriend. Then you'll never hear from them until the new boyfriend ****s them over.

Get a Vietnamese hooker. She'll love you long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I sat down beside her, and out my arm around her and asked what she meant by "its not you its me".

She got up and went off again, i wasn't going chasing again.

I dont know what to make off it :(

"its not you its me" is code for '' I love the Minge not the cock''

or in other words ''I drink from the Hairy Cup''

or alternatively ''I love the Vadge''

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Just ****ing pick a good spot to do it and then tell the girl, jesus.

If you get a positive response brilliant, if not then at least you know.

Don't let it eat you, do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

craggles wrote: »
    Just ****ing pick a good spot to do it and then tell the girl, jesus.

If you get a positive response brilliant, if not then at least you know.

Don't let it eat you, do something about it.

Jesus you missed the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I generally find it's a good idea to read a thread before posting a reply, just sayin like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MightyBouche

psychward wrote: »
    "its not you its me" is code for '' I love the Minge not the cock''

or in other words ''I drink from the Hairy Cup''

or alternatively ''I love the Vadge''

Is that what you tell yourself?

SureYWouldntYa,
    It's pretty clear to see you're being ****ed with here, this "any girl would be lucky to have you, even me" **** is her enjoying her new found power over you.

The only girls you can actually be friends with are your friends' girlfriends. Other than that, you either talk to them with the intention of riding them or you tell them to feck off. Male friendship with girls should be left to the gay guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Other than that, you either talk to them with the intention of riding them or you tell them to feck off. Male friendship with girls should be left to the gay guys.

Rookie mistake.

Girls you don't find attractive still have friends you will find attractive.

Rookie mistake.

Girls you don't find attractive still have friends you will find attractive.

And lots of girls are, y'know, pretty sound as human beings and generally good fun to be around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MightyBouche

benway wrote: »
    And lots of girls are, y'know, pretty sound as human beings and generally good fun to be around.
    Spoken like a guy all too familiar with the friend zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Dont know why this is one of the first things im am doing.

Texted her to see if meeting was still on, got one word answer :/

I arrived first, when she came i got up and let her sit down, being a gentleman.

We just got talking about pure sh1t for 10 minutes, then i grew a pair and just said it all.

She kissed me on the cheek, and said, "its not me, its you", and ran off crying.

I chased after her for a bit, she was just sat on windowsile outside, crying. I sat down beside her, and out my arm around her and asked what she meant by "its not you its me".

She got up and went off again, i wasn't going chasing again.

I dont know what to make off it :(
    So you got on but there was no sexual attraction on her end, it would seem. Is that better or worse than being in a (sexual) relationship with someone you fancy but dont like? What about nothing happening at all, not being able to talk to girls? A good way to get a girl attracted to you is to just have them seeing / experiencing you doing what you do. Work stories you're kinda proud of, good computer skills, ability to fix stuff for her (or just generally working on things).. Better than this gentleman stuff i'd say.. Of course i could be wrong but that's what it said in the book i'm reading which touches on attraction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Sorry, but I can't believe how many people are falling for this cliche-overridden bullsh1t thread.

"friend-zone"
    "It's not you, it's me"

Who the fcuk says this sh1t?

OP watching too many US rom-coms I think.

Spoken like a guy all too familiar with the friend zone.

Nice. Spoken like a guy for who hasn't even made it that far ... I've had more hot pu$$y than you've had hot dinners, sunshine.

Some of my best friends are girls - either we're not attracted to each other, or we've had our fun and decided to leave it at that. Sometimes the "friend zone" is the right place for it - your loss if you want to treat 52% of the population as walking vaginas, you're writing off some sound, sound people.

But I have no time whatsoever for pr!ckteases, who try to use the vague promise of sex as their ticket to unlimited attention ... you need to have a lot more going on than that to get into my "friend zone". Unfortunately, OP, without meaning to judge on so little information, I have a feeling that you might be dealing with one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

EdenHazard wrote: »
    stop being a chump and be a man. guys dont hang out with girls, you get stuck into them

SureYWouldntYa,
    It's pretty clear to see you're being ****ed with here, this "any girl would be lucky to have you, even me" **** is her enjoying her new found power over you.

The only girls you can actually be friends with are your friends' girlfriends. Other than that, you either talk to them with the intention of riding them or you tell them to feck off. Male friendship with girls should be left to the gay guys.

Yeah, the lads should just hang around with the lads, and the girls with the girls, over there on their side of the dancefloor!

Girls are only there for sex!
    In fact, we don't even need them for that! Pile on lads!

I've never understood this "guys shouldn't be friends with girls" argument.

I have both male and female friends and I don't really see what the difference between them is, apart from their genitalia. I don't see how things would be better if my friends were all men. In fact, things would be more boring, with fewer different perspectives.

Can you explain exactly why men and women shouldn't be friends? What's the barrier?

If it's because you can only imagination a relationship with a woman being a purely sexual one, then I find that pretty sad.
    To have a lasting, worthwhile relationship with someone you have to be their friend to at least some extent, in addition to having a fulfilling, intimate sex life.

If you haven't experienced anything like that and only like to roide da burds then you've been missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

shag her mom and then shag you're way thru the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

beco2010 wrote: »
    come on if its real then fair play to him, but why does it seem like the script of home and away

Dont diss the home and away:eek:

Sorry op, onwards and upwards, it does sound like a lucky escape.

*hugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

rohypnol is your friend OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Drop the hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Challenge her to a duel

• Advertisement

I find the jokey approach to life to make it more fun and interesting mightydouche ;)

I've never understood this "guys shouldn't be friends with girls" argument.

Me neither... however my girlfriend is insanely jealous of the hottest of my female friends even though she can compete with them anyway (shes a hot Eastern European) so shouldnt be insecure. I think her argument is that I'm always ready to make women happy (in polite terms lol) so I need to protect myself from a mistake. I noticed friends stick around because theres a connection not because of whats between their legs. It's whats between their ears. And when you are really in need, stuck or down those are the ones you can rely on. The good ones. Some of my male friends are disgusting pigs to be honest. They just stick to me with a loyalty kind of like how a pack of wolves sticks together lol. Theres a different level of communication between men and women though. You never know if there'd be a pile on orgy if they could make it so nobody remembered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Roofies I find works a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Just smack the gob on her OP, at an oportun(ish) moment......If shes into it she'll kiss you back. If not move on, you'll only get blue balls hanging around.

Does that work for you a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Come back OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm hoping for more news today. If he is still only 17, hopefully he'll see her in school today. Let the drama continue! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Unlucky OP. I did something pretty similar when I was not much older than you and cringe at the thought now when I look back all these years later. Why would I send a text? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You might as well ask her out as this friendship is dead, well no its great except its killing you inside. She will probably say no, or you could drop a SUBTLE hint and if you get nothing back leave although heres the thing the friend will flirt in some situations even though they don't like you... like that.

Trust me I am one of the many who have made a fool out of themselves because I thought hey I can totally get out of the friendzone, nope rarely happens just save yourself the embarrassment and the heartbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Friend-zone is a tricky one.

Best solution that's worked for me is to not see them for a while, when you see each other again it's like a clean slate and you get to pull out your A-material.

Me: "You're so sweet you give me a toothache!"
    Girl: *shudders*
    Me: "You okay?"
    Girl: "Yea...........I just came!"
    Me: *whips out flickknife and combs back oily hair* "Oooooh, yeah!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

OP, you did your best and failed miserably. The moral of the story is 'never try'.

Advertisement