Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out of friend zone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

saa wrote: »
    You might as well ask her out as this friendship is dead, well no its great except its killing you inside. She will probably say no, or you could drop a SUBTLE hint and if you get nothing back leave although heres the thing the friend will flirt in some situations even though they don't like you... like that.

Trust me I am one of the many who have made a fool out of themselves because I thought hey I can totally get out of the friendzone, nope rarely happens just save yourself the embarrassment and the heartbreak.

Where in his post did you pick up on the vibe she was interested?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

OP, what have you done!

How could you deny this drama queen your ego boosting attention?

For shame. For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lisaface wrote: »
    Well that was some anti-climax! :( I honestly thought it was going to be a happy ending

OP would need to go to an asian massage parlour for that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

FFS i read up as far as page 18 only to find out the OP is only 17!!

At 17 you are too young to considering BS like that, she's not interested and she's too immature to simply say it. End of story, at least now you know, now run along and act your age. There will be plenty of time in your later life when you have to deal with crap like that so dont waste your teenage years on it...you will regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

benway wrote: »
    And lots of girls are, y'know, pretty sound as human beings and generally good fun to be around.

No doubt, and what i said doesn't exclude that occurrence.

That said, when we meet people for the first time we tend to instantly decide if they are potential partner, either sexually or for a relationship, material.

If the answer is no we put them in "potential friend" territory. Sometimes people move out of that territory, but not very often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Start talking to her dad about what dowry accompanies his daughter and approach her later about what ye agreed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Fake... Very fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

21 pages of this and still no answer to the real question on everyone’s mind.......

What kind of sandwich?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

21 pages of this and still no answer to the real question on everyone’s mind.......

What kind of sandwich?

I agree, poor form really. Also, did they even pay? Sounds like they both legged it out from what the OP has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

HazDanz wrote: »
    I agree, poor form really. Also, did they even pay? Sounds like they both legged it out from what the OP has said.

It sounds like this was all just a plan from her to get a free sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I hope he finished his sandwich before chasing after her... and if not he better have finished it after she ran away again!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Whip it out and start windmilling, it will impress her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

What kind of sandwich?

judging by the OP's friend's response it was a chicken sandwich with a side order of dumplings ;)

but it could have been worse....at least he didnt get a crab sandwich!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I like your username OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

Just read all 22 pages of this thread with nothing better to do in college, OP i feel for you, in my experience you should get in quick or not at all, but it's a bit late for that now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just read all 22 pages of this thread with nothing better to do in college, OP i feel for you, in my experience you should get in quick or not at all, but it's a bit late for that now! :pac:

I have 8 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For those who want to know, the sandwich i had was Chicken on white bread with mayonaise heated up in microwave for 30 seconds. Tea with it as well, lots of milk, 2 sugars

We did see each other in school today, she completely blanked me in the morning even though we usually sit beside each other on the windowsile. As luck would have it, for one class it was a free class with no teacher and it was just us two lameasses who turned up. We did get talking on the matter............... turns out she thinks im too good for her and i should look for someone more deserving.

What could i say to convince her that she is good enough for me? We have same class tomorrow and odds are it will be us two again.

Its exactly like an episode of Home and Away, we even have the weather now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I like your username OP.

Do you think thats what i should say after (if ) i ask her out ? :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I have 8 pages.

thats cause they have changed ze number of pages per page.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

For those who want to know, the sandwich i had was Chicken on white bread with mayonaise heated up in microwave for 30 seconds. Tea with it as well, lots of milk, 2 sugars

We did see each other in school today, she completely blanked me in the morning even though we usually sit beside each other on the windowsile. As luck would have it, for one class it was a free class with no teacher and it was just us two lameasses who turned up. We did get talking on the matter............... turns out she thinks im too good for her and i should look for someone more deserving.

What could i say to convince her that she is good enough for me? We have same class tomorrow and odds are it will be us two again.

Its exactly like an episode of Home and Away, we even have the weather now :pac:

I'm going to give you the best advice you will ever get in your whole life...never, ever, ****ing EVER go out with a girl who is basically telling you that she has monumental self esteem issues.

There are two different avenues this can take -

Avenue A - she has monumental self esteem issues.

Avenue B - she is really, really doing her best to let you down gently.

You can't cajole this girl into going out with you, her reasons are her reasons, you should respect them and back off before you end up in creepy corner singing songs on a guitar about how nice guys finish last and soothing your fret fingers with your own tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I agree with LF. but to me it sounds like she's trying to let him down gently. I mean blanking him...

as a person with crippling self esteem issues I would agree that if this was the issue with her, she shouldn't be in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LaminatorSGL

Sounds to me that she's not interested and is trying to not hurt your feelings.

Now that that's sorted Imma grab myself a chicken sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I agree with LF. but to me it sounds like she's trying to let him down gently. I mean blanking him...

as a person with crippling self esteem issues I would agree that if this was the issue with her, she shouldn't be in a relationship.

As a parent who has heard a "similar" situation of before......

OP, move on. You need (more than probably need to concentrate on end of term exams - are you going to college/LC?) a bit of focus on your future plans..

You may be "coming into money" that means Jack Diddly shi*e in the current economic climate..

Focus on who you may become not who you are now...

Move on with your plan for next step education wise..

Sorry if this seems harsh but you should concentrate on the end of year stuff..

Or let me post the bets...(see previous posts)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

As a parent who has heard a "similar" situation of before......

OP, move on. You need (more than probably need to concentrate on end of term exams - are you going to college/LC?) a bit of focus on your future plans..

You may be "coming into money" that means Jack Diddly shi*e in the current economic climate..

Focus on who you may become not who you are now...

Move on with your plan for next step education wise..

Sorry if this seems harsh but you should concentrate on the end of year stuff..

Or let me post the bets...(see previous posts)..

Yawn....

(as a parent also..)

Well done op you can move on now, also forget above 'advice' as to focussing on who you may become...utter bull****....focus on you right now, on all the good stuff like your courage and wit and obvious innate sensitivity (lacking in most lads nowadays) and go enjoy your life, find out most importantly what you love doing , what it is that makes you individual, and make that your living.
    Live in the moment.

Lots more fish in the sea. (sorry for cliche)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

its time to take it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Tell her that you agree that you are too good for her but there is something about her that is charming that makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I experienced the same thing with a girl saying 'you're too good for me' blah blah blah whatever. Get out of this as soon as you can. When she says that again just say, "You're probably right." and walk away and never look back. Don't waste any more time on the matter. Please take my advise on just letting this go. She really isn't good enough for you. And when you start ignoring her, if it's a similar situation to mine, guaranteed she will just get her tits out and try turn you back into her bitch again. How to win this: (I wish I had done this)

1. Ignore her and just try to forget this whole thing (while keeping us updated on your progress)
    2. Wait for her to try get with you as she isn't getting the attention she wants.
    3. tits
    4. ?????
    5. $$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

go for it. experience it. have a laugh. dont be so serial when it comes to relationships. or you could just string her along and enjoy the flirting the feeling of just being in her presence

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Do you think thats what i should say after (if ) i ask her out ? :L
    Please God tell me you're not actually going to ask her out?

I liked one of my friends once. Rang her on New Years' (her birthday), told her, she said she was flattered but we'd be better as friends. Still talk to her now with no weirdness. It doesn't have to ruin your friendship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

This is good progress I think. She was obviously spooked yesterday when she ran away but seems to have got over that. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Advertisement