Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out of friend zone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I once got Couscous with a toastie in a pub :confused:

Pfft! Rice junior. No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A place I go to gives a lovely pasta salad with a sangwich

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

after all this we better find out if the sandwich said yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I was once in OPs position.

I manned up, asked her out.

Haven't seen her in 10 years. Wonder if she's still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Someone should start a thread on these stories...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Feel bad for ya. Mine was a success story. Went from being a friend to rocking her with me bell end!!

Change it gradually, OP. It's not always possible, but sometimes it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Friend zone == He/She doesn't find you attractive enough.

Every single female 'friend' I've gotten along with was a girl I'd gladly bang/date if she were more attractive. The same is true of most women.

If you two get along, it means she likes your personality. It means you have stuff in common. It means you are good pals. But she doesn't like you 'in that way'. 'That way' is a sexual way. She's not attracted to you, or not attracted to you enough.

It could be anyway, some girls won't date short guys, some girls have a particular 'type', whatever that is. So, the good news is, you might be a good looking guy - but not the kind of good looking she wants.

If you are truly stuck in the friend zone - you can't do anything....maybe she'll get dumped or want to cheat on her boyfriend and see you as a convenient penis or maybe after too many drinks one night you'll hook up.

The only way it's going to happen is if you aren't really in the friend zone and just haven't had the balls to make a move on a girl that likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Am I the only one who thinks OP is trying to create a legendary thread?

busyliving wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks OP is trying to create a legendary thread?

The thought did cross my mind...!

The_B_Man wrote: »

Feel bad for ya. Mine was a success story. Went from being a friend to rocking her with me bell end!!

Change it gradually, OP. It's not always possible, but sometimes it is!

Don't feel bad for me, married now, to a complete and utter gem of a woman, perfect in every way. Im happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

A place I go to gives a lovely pasta salad with a sangwich

Sandwich, god damn it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bad Panda wrote: »
    The thought did cross my mind...!

..and me.....

Going to create my own thread that i was working in a sandwich shop, and this couple came in and the guy stormed out crying ( whilst typing something on a webforum on his phone ). I went over to see if the girl was ok and we got chatting, gave her a free coffee, as i was dropping sugar into her cup, our hands touched, our eyes met and from that stage i knew that she was the one, the one for me, the one to be the mother to my children, the grandmother of my grandchildren and the one that i would share all my future tears of sadness and tears of happiness. Funny thing is that i was not meant to be working at 1300, but i forgot about the clocks going forward, and am really happy that i did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Robdude wrote: »

Every single female 'friend' I've gotten along with was a girl I'd gladly bang/date if she were more attractive. The same is true of most women.

If you two get along, it means she likes your personality. It means you have stuff in common. It means you are good pals. But she doesn't like you 'in that way'. 'That way' is a sexual way. She's not attracted to you, or not attracted to you enough.

It could be anyway, some girls won't date short guys, some girls have a particular 'type', whatever that is. So, the good news is, you might be a good looking guy - but not the kind of good looking she wants.

If you are truly stuck in the friend zone - you can't do anything....maybe she'll get dumped or want to cheat on her boyfriend and see you as a convenient penis or maybe after too many drinks one night you'll hook up.

The only way it's going to happen is if you aren't really in the friend zone and just haven't had the balls to make a move on a girl that likes you.

I disagree that you can't get out of the friend zone, although I think it's more trouble than it's worth. You're starting off in a position usually that is negative. Why not find women as attractive or more attractive, as you'll be starting from neutral.

If someone had a gun to my head telling me to get pu of the friend zone though I would do the following.

1. Become fundamentally attractive to all women. So get confident, edgy, care free, relaxed, playful, fun, great social skills.

2. Get lots of hot girlfriends at same time.

3. Tease her playfully. Be as harsh as possible while being funny without going too far, but don't be overly concerned by going too far as you can recover by going too far, and sometimes it works better as you can show a more emotional genuine side too yourself afterwards which can work wonders combined.

4. Create sexual tension, don't break eye contact first. Don't let her control the relationship, for example if she asks you to do something for her, if it's small, get her to do something for you first, if it's too big don't do it. Just make fun of her playfully in your response while not doing what she said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Robdude wrote: »

I disagree that you can't get out of the friend zone, although I think it's more trouble than it's worth. You're starting off in a position usually that is negative. Why not find women as attractive or more attractive, as you'll be starting from neutral.

If someone had a gun to my head telling me to get pu of the friend zone though I would do the following.

1. Become fundamentally attractive to all women. So get confident, edgy, care free, relaxed, playful, fun, great social skills.

2. Get lots of hot girlfriends at same time.

3. Tease her playfully. Be as harsh as possible while being funny without going too far, but don't be overly concerned by going too far as you can recover by going too far, and sometimes it works better as you can show a more emotional genuine side too yourself afterwards which can work wonders combined.

4. Create sexual tension, don't break eye contact first. Don't let her control the relationship, for example if she asks you to do something for her, if it's small, get her to do something for you first, if it's too big don't do it. Just make fun of her playfully in your response while not doing what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dont know why this is one of the first things im am doing.

Texted her to see if meeting was still on, got one word answer :/

I arrived first, when she came i got up and let her sit down, being a gentleman.

We just got talking about pure sh1t for 10 minutes, then i grew a pair and just said it all.

She kissed me on the cheek, and said, "its not me, its you", and ran off crying.

I chased after her for a bit, she was just sat on windowsile outside, crying. I sat down beside her, and out my arm around her and asked what she meant by "its not you its me".

She got up and went off again, i wasn't going chasing again.

I dont know what to make off it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Fair play op. That's a tough one. So the saga continues! Keep us posted....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I arrived first, when she came i got up and let her sit down, being a gentleman.

We just got talking about pure sh1t for 10 minutes, then i grew a pair and just said it all.

She kissed me on the cheek, and said, "its not me, its you", and ran off crying.

I chased after her for a bit, she was just sat on windowsile outside, crying. I sat down beside her, and out my arm around her and asked what she meant by "its not you its me".

She doesn't like you and sounds like she is packed full of drama mate. You grew a pair and expressed yourself and fair play for that but it's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm sorry to say it, but I think she might just not have feelings for me.

But well done for telling her. I think now it might be best to try to move on and put this behind you, even at the cost of your friendship.

Ah sorry to hear that.

'It's not you, it's me' could mean any number to things to be honest.

Give her some time to herself and let her get in touch with you then. I'm sure she will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

"its not me, its you"

Sound

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I'd say that's pretty much a definite no. She just doesn't have the lady-balls to say it.

Give it up OP, or risk your head being messed with for weeks to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Is it wrong that I lol'd at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sorry to hear that : ( It was just a date (maybe not even a date) and she sounds like she went a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yeah it seems she isn't that into you. Probably feels **** but she sounds like a total attention seeking drama queen so you're better off in the long run.
    Good one for not going after her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I wouldn't say wrong; more heartless than wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I knew it. She's a men-eating alien. You're probably better off OP

You're bad. And I like it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I was goin to give advice but I see it's too late.

You should of got yourself another bird to make here jealous!!

It's not me, it's you?

****, that's harsh.

Least you tried, OP. Try not to let that scathing retort bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

She could have said that on the phone and not gone crazy. She could even have been nice about it. Move on and consider it a bullet dodged because that's some wierdish behavior. Drama queens are out there. Well done for stepping up though. Don't let yourself get friend zoned again!

Advertisement