Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifestyle Sorts gait analysis/Asics

Options
  • 24-03-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I am planning to head to Lifestyle Sports tomorrow as I heard they now are doing free gait analysis as well as 25% off Asics runners.

Has anyone used this service yet and is it any good? I over pronate so I would like to get the correct runner for my particular gait. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I am planning to head to Lifestyle Sports tomorrow as I heard they now are doing free gait analysis as well as 25% off Asics runners.

Has anyone used this service yet and is it any good? I over pronate so I would like to get the correct runner for my particular gait. Thanks.

I dont know, but if you look at their website, you will see that it is ASICS gait analysis i.e it is sponsored by Asics. I am not convinved that you are going to get the best advice on which runners are really best for you, from an Asics sales rep.

Also it is only available in 5 Lifestyle stores, not all of them.

http://www.lifestylesports.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hottowel

would be interesting to see if the Asics rep is going to recommend anything other than Asics. It's hard to do a Gait Analysis and proper shoe fitting if you are only dealing with one brand. Personally I haven't found an Asics shoe that I liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Your gait is your gait, doesn't matter if a man from Asics, Nike or Saucony is doing it as long as it's done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Your gait is your gait, doesn't matter if a man from Asics, Nike or Saucony is doing it as long as it's done correctly.
    In my opinion, gait analysis isn't useful as a pass/fail result, where you get a slip of paper afterwards that says 'you're an over-pronator'. It should be part of shoe fitting, where you try on various shoes and examine your gait as a result of different types of shoe. If that fitting is limited to Asics then it's just a marketing tool for Asics, rather than a balanced exercise concerned with getting you into the most suitable running shoe.

Is it going to be an Asics 'expert' standing behind a runner on a treadmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hottowel

Personally I find Asics too narrow, so if that's all they are offering its not really going to work for me. It's like Henery ford said "you can have any color you want as long as its black"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's true, in fact I was probably too hasty in my posting. The reason being the first week of this promotion with Lifestyle/Asics I went out to get a new pair myself, but rather than go to the Asics/Lifestyle hub which is only 5 minutes from me I still went to Base2Race/Amphibian King. And after trying about 4 or 5 runners, each from different manufacturers I still came home with a pair of Ascis after not wearing them for about 2 years, go figure.

Advertisement