Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash growth help

• 24-03-2012 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey guys, I've noticed lately my eyelashes are not strong and are falling out especially when I clean my eyes at night, they seem to fall out with any sort of pressure put on them e.g cleaning pads, curling eyelashes.

Just wondering has anyone experienced this and are there any good eyelash strengthening/growth products I could use to help them? Or perhaps mascara that is 'healthy'. I'm using Clinique/Clarins at the minute.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Ive used mavala eye-lite double lash that I bought in Boots its only around 15euro which is cheap compared to ones like rapidlash and it works extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Morning, I recommend castor oil in order to help strengthen and grow my eyelashes. You can get it in health food stores- I apply some with a cotton bud each night. It definitely works- you can also use it on your nails too!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Thanks for those tips girls. I've heard Vaseline but I don't know if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I've just started to use Talika Lipocils so can't report on it but I bought it because it's what the ladies on Beaut recommended. A load of my eyelashes came out because of falsies. I'm nearly bald!

CBFi wrote: »
    I've just started to use Talika Lipocils so can't report on it but I bought it because it's what the ladies on Beaut recommended. A load of my eyelashes came out because of falsies. I'm nearly bald!

Oh no! I've heard a few people saying the same about falsies, better not go near them!! I'll look into that thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I believe Latisse is the only thing clinically proven to work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimatoprost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I used the jan marini eyelash a few years ago and it was brill but a tad expensive. I think that was the first company to come up with the lash growth enhancing formulas but now there are loads of cheaper copy cats which do the same job. If you have naturally fair lashes like me it's a bit of a pain as the new growth on roots is blonde and you have to keep tinting them every few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It's not specifically a product for lash growth but I found that ultrabland by lush made my lashes stronger. It was softer on my lashes when removing eye make up and made them less prone to falling out too. They tended to last longer and looked thicker too.

Thanks a million girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Taelated wrote: »
    Thanks for those tips girls. I've heard Vaseline but I don't know if it works?
    Vaseline is also good I find- comb it through each night with an eyelash comb...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Oh no! I've heard a few people saying the same about falsies, better not go near them!! I'll look into that thanks! :)

vaseline works wonders, such a versitile product!

Also it's not really a product to help strenghten but just a few tips i picked up throughout the years, instead of removing your eye makeup w/ removers, if you tried a little baby oil, this works and it (hopefully for you) wont drag out any eyelashes, plus it leaves them feeling smooth and silky.

Also if you didn't use coloured mascara for a while, perhaps used clear? just while your lashes heal! Sorry, I know it's not a protective spray or cream,but just by 'giving your lashes a break' for a while can help,and i hope this information has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I used to use a No7 mascara for a while and once I ran out, I bought this YSL mascara and after using it for three months, my lashes are much longer, thicker and stronger. I hadn't even noticed them getting thinner when I used the No7 mascara so it was a pleasant surprise. So maybe switching mascaras might help too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Just a little update- ive been using the Talika Lipocils (forgot to mention i got it in Space NK in Harvey Nicks- moving to beside Dundrum Town Centre has not been good for my pocket) every day- only missed one night- too drunk to take off my makeup!

I have really blond hair so I can really see the new growth through my tinted older lashes! I have loads of little spiky blond lashes growing. I'm delighted- not sure if it's time or if the enhancer is helping growth but either way they will be stronger because of the enhancer! No complaints.

Thanks Suomi- Im going to try that mascara too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Just a little update- ive been using the Talika Lipocils (forgot to mention i got it in Space NK in Harvey Nicks- moving to beside Dundrum Town Centre has not been good for my pocket) every day- only missed one night- too drunk to take off my makeup!

I have really blond hair so I can really see the new growth through my tinted older lashes! I have loads of little spiky blond lashes growing. I'm delighted- not sure if it's time or if the enhancer is helping growth but either way they will be stronger because of the enhancer! No complaints.

Thanks Suomi- Im going to try that mascara too!
    mrs crilly wrote: »

Thanks again everyone, some great tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Im glad you said that as Ive always felt a bit stupid for not being able to put them on, think I'll stay well clear and I dont have many as it is :(

booboo88 wrote: »
    Im glad you said that as Ive always felt a bit stupid for not being able to put them on, think I'll stay well clear and I dont have many as it is :(

I just can't wear the aul falsies, they always look ridic on my tiny eyelashes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I just can't wear the aul falsies, they always look ridic on my tiny eyelashes!!

Yea mine arent too big either, will have to try that vaseline though :)

Advertisement