Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daily rest period

Options
  • 24-03-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Am I correct in saying that there must be 11 hours rest between shifts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Never knew that i leave work at 1am & im back to work by 10.30am till 6pm with no lunchbreak off we eat as quick as we can while still working,we dont get a 15min break after 4.5hrs or 30min break after 6hrs:mad::mad::mad: and b4 some twat says oh ur lucky to have a job bla bla bla this has been going on for 15yrs fml.. My boss is shafting us something wicked lately now i read that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

As I said in an earlier reply it is different if you are classed as a shift worker. Have a look at your contract and it should be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

lester76 wrote: »
    Never knew that i leave work at 1am & im back to work by 10.30am till 6pm with no lunchbreak off we eat as quick as we can while still working,we dont get a 15min break after 4.5hrs or 30min break after 6hrs:mad::mad::mad: and b4 some twat says oh ur lucky to have a job bla bla bla this has been going on for 15yrs fml.. My boss is shafting us something wicked lately now i read that :mad:
    Your employer doesn't have to pay you during your lunchbreak so thats stupidity on their part really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Am I correct in saying that there must be 11 hours rest between shifts
    You need:
    A daily rest period of 11 consecutive hours per 24 hours
    and
    A weekly rest period of 24 consecutive hours per seven days, following a daily rest period i.e. a 35 hour rest every 7 days.

These rules do not apply if you have 2 jobs or are self employed yada yada yada

• Advertisement
Advertisement