Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids tennis in Trim or Kells

Options
  • 24-03-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows about kids tennis in Trim or Kells. What age is best to start, how much to join/lessons, facilities etc.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭redzerredzer

There are tennis clubs in both towns.
    They don't seem to have websites but their numbers are online.
    Castleknock is not too far and they own the world record for coaches in one club.
    I would not pay for children's coaching until at least 6, maybe 7.
    I would definitely do loads of throwing and catching exercises and throwing for the child to hit back to your hands in your garden.
    Skill development/ hand eye co-ordination is more important so parents, save your money and play with your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

Thanks for the reply. I have an 11 and almost 8 year old. I think sports are great for kids. I agree about hand/eye coordination. I play a lot with them in the back garden. Catching/throwing balls, chasing and pick up etc. Have just come in from playing badminton in the garden with them. If anyone else has any info on either of the clubs I would be very grateful. I think Castleknock is too far away to bring them but thanks for the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Navan Tennis Club

Tweenie,

Navan Tennis Club have a strong junior programme with coaching, summer camps, eligibility for Dublin League matches etc. The new clubhouse, currently under construction, will be a great addition to the 5 courts already in place. Check out www.navantennisclub.ie for more details..

Advertisement