Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shooter on BOARDS

Options
  • 24-03-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Mark & Mrs D. Many congratulations on the arrival of Baby D today. Life as you've known it has now ceased to exist. Welcome to the REAL world :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A healthy Baby girl boy.

Many congrats to the new parents.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ezridax wrote: »
    A healthy Baby girl.

It's a boy as far as I know there Ez. I'm sure when Sparks has some spare time in about fifteen years he'll confirm for us though. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Feck it. Thats the second time i've done that today. The cousin had a baby girl today, and i keep congratulating the wrong one with the wrong gender.:o

At least i was half right. it's a baby.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Don't worry Mark ... as a nasty song say's ..."it's life Jim, but not as we know it!"... :D

Range time for nappy time ... what a deal.

But the key thing is not to mock... as mocking is catching :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Congrats Mark!

Glad to hear mum and baby are happy and healthy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

congrats on the birth of the baby boy

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Thank guys! I'm not the only one to be congratulated on here though, a certain firearms dealer beat us to the birth by 15 minutes (though at 8lb, we beat them by an ounce or two :D )

And you know he's going to be a shooter, look at that trigger finger!

20120323_151734-384x512.jpg

Between him and the two other babies born to shooting folk in the last fortnight, we have the 2032 Irish Men's Air Rifle team all sewn up...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Congratulations Mark, its a great time. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Congrats !!Now you been and done it!!What little time you did have for trigger time is going to be even less....Another thing you will have to integrate into shooting ranges now..Nappy changing facilities!!:eek::D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Congrats Mark.
    Glad to hear all is well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Con grats mark

and welcome to the sleep-less nights.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Nappy changing facilities!!:eek::D

Now there's an idea. A crèche - imagine all the women you could enourage into the sport if they knew that child minders were not going to be a problem while they were on the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

LB6 wrote: »
    Now there's an idea. A crèche - imagine all the women you could enourage into the sport if they knew that child minders were not going to be a problem while they were on the range.

Proably wont work,due to the fact of LEAD being in the enviroment!:(
    Always thought it funny that my GF was being asked in the US when she went to the ranges was she pregnant,and the dead serious looks they always gave her asking that question...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Congratulations, you are about to find out why men go to rifle ranges for peace and quiet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Congratulations, I hope you have that ISSF id number reserved. Does this mean you'll be coaching in future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

I always wondered "where does he get the time to type those long comprehensive posts?". As a father of 3 (all under 5) finding time to go to the bathroom is difficult not to mind using the iPad to catch up with you guys. Still though the best days of your life are ahead. Many congratulations to you and Mrs Sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

target wrote: »
    Congratulations, I hope you have that ISSF id number reserved. Does this mean you'll be coaching in future ;)

I'm guessing he's already playing Lanny Bassham's CDs in the nursery and putting up charts of correct sight pictures and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

putting up charts of correct sight pictures and the like.
    They do say to use black and white decorations in the early days because they can't see colour for the first weeks (and it doesn't come in all at once, you get red, then blue and green a week or two later, as the visual cortex figures out how to cope with the new data coming in from the eyes). They have these simple black and white geometric patterns that fascinate him (and daddy gets to wear plaid for a while, oh the joy). But why not a decent sight picture pattern? Seemed perfectly logical to me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

knockon wrote: »
    I always wondered "where does he get the time to type those long comprehensive posts?". As a father of 3 (all under 5) finding time to go to the bathroom is difficult not to mind using the iPad to catch up with you guys. Still though the best days of your life are ahead. Many congratulations to you and Mrs Sparks.

AAAAHHHHH!!! the bathroom the only room in the house ... where I can escape and lock the world out ... peace and quite :rolleyes:

But honestly Sparks fatherhood is great...

Advertisement