Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar & Dr Dre Single Dropping Next Week

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

pecker1992 wrote: »
    thats the guy....he's disgraceful tbh....:rolleyes:

ye im not a fan of his at all so, fair enough bmf was a banger but talk about recycling a product/sound, he's a prime example of it so repetitive.

bmf and 9 piece honestly theres barely a difference and thats just one example, terrible producer imo but they seem to love this kind of sound down in the south atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Timbaland deserves more recognition from most hip-hop fans but to call him better than Dre, RZA or Premo to name but 3 is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

danjahandz:rolleyes:...,,,,,he does most of timbo's beats...just look at the catalog belonging to timbo and then look at danja's........its all too clear where the talent is......i suggest you do your research and then revise that statement because its very flawed
    Sorry but it is you who needs to do research and learn how to read.

First of all, i have said Timbaland usualy works with one other assisted producer with both having proper hands on the beat unlike Dr Dre who just listens to a whole beat done by someone else and said yup i will take that and let me bump up the bass a bit, tone down the sync and walla, job done.

Timbo does this, findd some stupid weird sound effect, asks Danja/Scott storch(see what melody you can come up with with this new sound) then timbo constructs drum loop and any other background effects and bam, a hit single thats nothing like you ever heard.

Also, Danja only started working with tim during around 2006, for Nelly F and Justin timberlakes albums.

Timbo single handedly made 4 Missy elliot album on his own whilst Danja was still in primary school, made big hits for JayZ etc etc all whilst Danja still learning his ABC's.

You sir dont have a clue my friend. Its you who needs to do some research. i bet you think Timbo only existed since 2006 LOL.

ahhhhh stop:rolleyes:....man i havent made any beats in 12 months and i could lash together a lex luger beat in an hour or 2.....hes one of the worst things to ever happen hip hop every track he does is the same ......seriously man do your research.....the only person he's shaming is himself......thats not hip hop..its dirty south influenced muck :/
    And kanye west? his crap too i guess? who in your opinion is making the best Hip hop beats right now then?

right now, Kanye west > Dr Dre. i bet not many would argue that.

Timbaland deserves more recognition from most hip-hop fans but to call him better than Dre, RZA or Premo to name but 3 is ridiculous.

I am just basing my opinion, i have mad respect for Dre, RZA and premo but as a producer overal, Tim is the best IMO.

People here dont seem to have any respect whatsoever for timbaland as you can clearly read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

right now, Kanye west > Dr Dre. i bet not many would argue that.

I can guarantee you almost everybody here would argue that.
    Kanye is class, but this is Dr Dre we're talking about, he didn't build his musical empire from being worse than timbaland or kanye west.

in fairness dre's been horrible the last few years and kanye has made better music in recent years.

its a shame dre didnt produce "the receipe" he could of done with it after that muck he gave us on relapse and recovery while kanye had 2 masterpiece's in mbdtf and WTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

is that it?
    That was off the top of my head.
    The best hip hop producer right now imo is kanye west and his side kick co producer lex luger.

both him and kanye are just putting everyone to shame mate. Can Dre beat that?
    Beat what? WTF are you talking about?

You actually think Lex Luger is better than Dre? Lex Luger, every beat sounds the same, unbelievably repetitive and unoriginal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

Sorry but it is you who needs to do research and learn how to read.

First of all, i have said Timbaland usualy works with one other assisted producer with both having proper hands on the beat unlike Dr Dre who just listens to a whole beat done by someone else and said yup i will take that and let me bump up the bass a bit, tone down the sync and walla, job done.

Timbo does this, findd some stupid weird sound effect, asks Danja/Scott storch(see what melody you can come up with with this new sound) then timbo constructs drum loop and any other background effects and bam, a hit single thats nothing like you ever heard.

Also, Danja only started working with tim during around 2006, for Nelly F and Justin timberlakes albums.

Timbo single handedly made 4 Missy elliot album on his own whilst Danja was still in primary school, made big hits for JayZ etc etc all whilst Danja still learning his ABC's.

You sir dont have a clue my friend. Its you who needs to do some research. i bet you think Timbo only existed since 2006 LOL.

wow.....you think you knw timbo then

Danja actually met timbo in 2001.....started working consistently from 2003 onwards.....timbo did alot better from 2003 onwards....theres a good reason for that...Danja......Dre did much better during his death row days than timbo did from his early days until 2003.....then timbo gets danja and does far better than he did previous.........in similar fashion dre does this with storch and others etc....result = when dre and timbo are compared alone dre is better..when dre and timbo are assisted by others...dre is still better...overall result dre is better

next time you try to make me look stupid i suggest you get your dates and facts right because in this instance you've only embarrassed yourself :D

Timbo does this, findd some stupid weird sound effect, asks Danja/Scott storch(see what melody you can come up with with this new sound)

I cant bring myself to do it:D...anyone care to tell him whats wrong here:rolleyes:....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I cant bring myself to do it:D...anyone care to tell him whats wrong here:rolleyes:....

Gach rud.

in fairness dre's been horrible the last few years and kanye has made better music in recent years.

its a shame dre didnt produce "the receipe" he could of done with it after that muck he gave us on relapse and recovery while kanye had 2 masterpiece's in mbdtf and WTT.
    finally someone talking sense;)

this is what i mean, at current over the past few years, Kanye has been producing better stuff then dr dre and only a Dre fanboy will disagree about that

wow.....you think you knw timbo then

Danja actually met timbo in 2001.....started working consistently from 2003 onwards.....timbo did alot better from 2003 onwards....theres a good reason for that...Danja......Dre did much better during his death row days than timbo did from his early days until 2003.....then timbo gets danja and does far better than he did previous.........in similar fashion dre does this with storch and others etc....result = when dre and timbo are compared alone dre is better..when dre and timbo are assisted by others...dre is still better...overall result dre is better

next time you try to make me look stupid i suggest you get your dates and facts right because in this instance you've only embarrassed yourself :D

wow back to u:

from wiki:
    With Timbaland, Hills produced a wide catalog of songs that helped return the famous producer to prominence in 2006 with an ongoing string of hits throughout the year until present, including "Put You On The Game" by rapper The Game, "Promiscuous" and "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado, "SexyBack", "What Goes Around...Comes Around" and "My Love" by Justin Timberlake among others, such as "Love Story" by Katharine McPhee, "Innocence" and "Earth Intruders" by Björk, and "Give It to Me" and "The Way I Are" off Timbaland's second solo album.[5]

They started actually working together in beat making in 2005+ but at 2003 danja was in his studio doing some other stuff.

JUST like wizz-dum. Tim met up with wizz dum a few years ago and wizz been in his studio for a few years but they only started working together recently from SV2.

do your research and dont make yourself look like a jabroni lol

Danja had no say in any of missy's or aaliyah's albums! Or Justin Timberlakes first album, or Miss Jade's/Bubba sparxx beatclub albums!

wow back to u:

from wiki:

They started actually working together in beat making in 2005+ but at 2003 danja was in his studio doing some other stuff.

JUST like wizz-dum. Tim met up with wizz dum a few years ago and wizz been in his studio for a few years but they only started working together recently from SV2.

do your research and dont make yourself look like a jabroni lol

Danja had no say in any of missy's or aaliyah's albums! Or Justin Timberlakes first album, or Miss Jade's/Bubba sparxx beatclub albums!

ill make this very simple for you man...im only gonna pick one hole in that whole post..there are clearly more....Put you on the game was on the documentary which dropped in 2005....but the documentary was Recorded June 2003 - October 2004.....meaning the track had to have been produced well before 2005......and just for fun ill pick a second.......the statement you posted actually clarifies my point although it is inaccurate with dates..it says that danja helped him return to prominence....exactly as timbo was headed down and not looking likely to come back up any time soon...and btw whether he did or didnt have a say in timbos early work is irrelevant..he's been far more successful since danja stepped in...FACT!!!.....please stop making yourself look unintelligent as im starting to pity the fact that you genuinley think your right about this!!!:rolleyes:

ill make this very simple for you man...im only gonna pick one hole in that whole post..there are clearly more....Put you on the game was on the documentary which dropped in 2005....but the documentary was Recorded June 2003 - October 2004.....meaning the track had to have been produced well before 2005......and just for fun ill pick a second.......the statement you posted actually clarifies my point although it is inaccurate with dates..it says that danja helped him return to prominence....exactly as timbo was headed down and not looking likely to come back up any time soon...and btw whether he did or didnt have a say in timbos early work is irrelevant..he's been far more successful since danja stepped in...FACT!!!.....please stop making yourself look unintelligent as im starting to pity the fact that you genuinley think your right about this!!!:rolleyes:

Yes he has been more succesful with Danja. why? because he made more commercial stuff!

Before all he did was work with bubba sparxx(who?) Miss Jade(Who), Magoo(Who?) and his crew(ginuwine, missy, aaliyah).

Many people prefer tims work before Danja. Can you honestly tell me right now that him and danja made better tunes then his earlier work?

For example, do you rate "put u in the game" ahead of jayz "big pimpin" ?

Timbo went mainstream when he teamed up with Danja. Yes you can argue missy, aaliyah and ginuwine were a "bit" mainstream but nowhere near the same bracket as justin timberlake, pussycat dolls and nelly furtado etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

They are both good. But Dre is better, clearly to most hip-hop fans.

nice lryic video of the recipe was just uploaded to lamars official vevo channel.

Advertisement