Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor or Three?

Options
  • 24-03-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone.

I'm travelling to Ireland this summer and I need internet on my iPhone.

I was looking at Three or Meteor.

Who has the better coverage in Dublin (Dun Laoghaire)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nachosalvador

Dilbert75 wrote: »

Thanks for your fast comment.

Ready to hear more opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Ken bryan

I think 3 is has better 3 g network .

It also Has Bit Buzz . Which alows you to surf for free using wifi in certain locations .
    http://www.bitbuzz.com/3/ios/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

If your going with 3 get an android. marry 3 with iPhone = destruction of your technological life!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

three's customer service is generally terrible, along with the fact that they have a problem with their network not switching from 2g to 3g.. there are people with various problems quite regularly on the three forum.. They are the best value on paper however, their €20 offer can't really be beaten.
    I was with meteor before, good network & decent customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 nachosalvador

three's customer service is generally terrible, along with the fact that they have a problem with their network not switching from 2g to 3g.. there are people with various problems quite regularly on the three forum.. They are the best value on paper however, their €20 offer can't really be beaten.
    I was with meteor before, good network & decent customer care.

That's why I'm thinking for Three.

I think I'll go with Meteor.
    Anyone else can share their opinions?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's why I'm thinking for Three.

I think I'll go with Meteor.
    Anyone else can share their opinions?

Thanks.

I have the 3G-2G switching problem with 3, and they have totally ignored it for the last 2 years. It is, however, far and away the best value. Not quite as attractive since they stopped tethering since 1/1/12 on 3Pay and Billpay, and removed the free add-on from the lower tariffs. Free landlines is just brilliant.
    Also 3 bizarrely charge for voicemail on the Billpay and don't on 3Pay:confused::confused::confused:

Get yourself a prepay SIM and try it for a little bit to see what the signal is like in areas you use the phone most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

whiterebel wrote: »
    I have the 3G-2G switching problem with 3, and they have totally ignored it for the last 2 years. It is, however, far and away the best value. Not quite as attractive since they stopped tethering since 1/1/12 on 3Pay and Billpay, and removed the free add-on from the lower tariffs. Free landlines is just brilliant.
    Also 3 bizarrely charge for voicemail on the Billpay and don't on 3Pay:confused::confused::confused:

Get yourself a prepay SIM and try it for a little bit to see what the signal is like in areas you use the phone most.

You can get around the voicemail thing by using Hullomail, agree on the other points though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Vahevala wrote: »
    You can get around the voicemail thing by using Hullomail, agree on the other points though.

Yes, but that then uses your units, as the free landline calls are gone on the cheaper tariffs.....At the moment voicemail calls don't cost me anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not quite as attractive since they stopped tethering since 1/1/12 on 3Pay and Billpay, and removed the free add-on from the lower tariffs. Free landlines is just brilliant.

The Barnacle Wifi Tether app will sort the tethering issue, tried it on my Desire HD and works a treat

http://szym.net/barnacle/

Phone has to be rooted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bogman wrote: »
    The Barnacle Wifi Tether app will sort the tethering issue, tried it on my Desire HD and works a treat

http://szym.net/barnacle/

Phone has to be rooted :rolleyes:

Really useful for an iPhone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Well have been with three for the past year and was happy with them but am moving to meteor now so I'll post back a comparison in a few days once the order goes through

Advertisement