Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

BadGirl wrote: »
    Also, hot whiskey for Lee and Cranberry juice for Jane ;)

/awaits ban......

If you do get banned, it was a pleasure knowing you :(

/cheers :p

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Oh alright then.... you can tar and feather me too :P :P

Woop!!! being too long since we've had a good tarring and feathering :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Plenty of Vitamin C for you both!
    Also, hot whiskey for Lee and Cranberry juice for Jane ;)

How's everyone on this gloriously sunny afternoon? :D:D

/awaits ban......

I've been drinking a s**t load of water, about 6 glasses in the last hour. Will get some cranberry juice in the shop later. Thanks BadGirl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Afternoon Lair

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good afternoon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Posy wrote: »
    Are you not near a Dominos?? I thought everyone was near a Dominos! :eek: :(

I am nowhere near a Domino's as far as I know. None in delivering distance anywho
    Leeg17 wrote: »
    See if they have that iceberger ice cream tub, it's soo good! :D

Probably shouldn't be talking about food, made a pig of myself in McDonalds in Galway an hour ago..

ICEBERGER ICE CREAM TUB :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: more information
    I hate how they changed alot of them recently though, loop the loop, twister and the HP tub with raspberry and lime.. they're not the same :(

Never liked that raspberry and lime yokey!
    Sparkles FTW!

^This
    Screwball from.the ice cream van, then playing soccer all day in the soccer pitch until it was too dark to see and then going.home for dinner. I want to be 8 again :o

Screwballs and SeaShells from the Honkey Van FTW!
    Jorcky wrote: »
    Culinary Entrepreneurship. It's like a chef degree but with business and languages...Gonna try be really productive today.

I probably will just end up asleep in the library though :P

I was interested in that. Shame I only copped it this year, when I am waiting for my deferred place on Culinary Arts :( Besta Luck
    Shiminay wrote: »
    To be fair, I'm 6 months late to the party on Skyrim :)

I ain't there yet

Evenin all.

So the car passed the NCT today. yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

hdowney wrote: »
    I was interested in that. Shame I only copped it this year, when I am waiting for my deferred place on Culinary Arts :( Besta Luck

It's a great course but it's tough and we've had a lot of drop outs/failers already. Culinary Arts is also a deadly course, it's just more practical than theory.

On the plus side, totally nailed my Spanish exam! :D

Edit: Hold on a sec, they changed Twisters!?! They're my go-to hangover cure! Noooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Well done Jorcky :)

Have you many exams left to do?

Thanks! Just one left, on Wednesday. It's gonna be a big one, but it's cool.

I got this...

It's a great course but it's tough and we've had a lot of drop outs/failers already. Culinary Arts is also a deadly course, it's just more practical than theory.

On the plus side, totally nailed my Spanish exam! :D

Edit: Hold on a sec, they changed Twisters!?! They're my go-to hangover cure! Noooooo.

I am ragin my course doesn't offer languages. And I so wanted to do Italian (Tis the food I want to cook longterm). Yea my course does be well tough. plenty people dropped out. I had to defer when I got three or four different things and got really sick for months. There was no way I could continue so deferred

• Advertisement

I am ragin my course doesn't offer languages. And I so wanted to do Italian (Tis the food I want to cook longterm). Yea my course does be well tough. plenty people dropped out. I had to defer when I got three or four different things and got really sick for months. There was no way I could continue so deferred

Agreed, it's nearly impossible to catch up after a while. To be honest, I did Italian last semester (which I chose for the same reason as you), and I dropped it this year because the lecturer was so bad. It was ridiculous, she didn't show up to classes, she made us watch Jamie Oliver in Italy DVDs for most of the ones she made it to, and she let us do our project in English because we didn't know enough Italian. Our test was stupid too, we just translated a menu and identified pics of fruit. They eventually got another lecturer in for this semester, but she spoke very little English, so they brought the first one back.

Disaster.

Agreed, it's nearly impossible to catch up after a while. To be honest, I did Italian last semester (which I chose for the same reason as you), and I dropped it this year because the lecturer was so bad. It was ridiculous, she didn't show up to classes, she made us watch Jamie Oliver in Italy DVDs for most of the ones she made it to, and she let us do our project in English because we didn't know enough Italian. Our test was stupid too, we just translated a menu and identified pics of fruit. They eventually got another lecturer in for this semester, but she spoke very little English, so they brought the first one back.

Disaster.

Yea pretty impossible. Considering 99% of it was CA!!!

Jeez your wan sounds terrible. I'd have been going nuts. I am raging that there is no language option with my course :( I tried looking into a language course of night-time somewhere but couldn't find one that was a proper qualification type, not just some night class for beginners. And then my timetable most likely wouldn't have permitted night classes. I didn't get home til gone ten some nights!

You could always do one when you're finished? I hated languages in secondary school, but I love it now. I'm starting to think I might even have liked Irish if I'd a good teacher and a positive view of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had a minor in French for my undergrad degree, but ever since I graduated I haven't spoken a word. Makes me sad how bad I am at it now. Would love to find a way to take it up again beyond watching the odd French film.

You could always do one when you're finished? I hated languages in secondary school, but I love it now. I'm starting to think I might even have liked Irish if I'd a good teacher and a positive view of it...

Yea I am thinking I will do this :D I don't think I would like Irish, English person and all I woulda got NO help with Irish at home (and I know I learn other languages) but the fam usually had a grasp of the old French!!! Dunno. And I don't much like German, the sound of it. But going to Germany year after next so going to learn some

French is such a sexy language. I wish I'd done it for Leaving Cert. I'd have ALL the men!! Although it might not sound good in an Irish accent... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

French is such a sexy language. I wish I'd done it for Leaving Cert. I'd have ALL the men!! Although it might not sound good in an Irish accent... :/

Je t'aime..... moi non plus.

jammstarr wrote: »
    Je t'aime..... moi non plus.

I don't even... What??

Google translate, and I'm still confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

The first bit is I love you? No?

Sexier than German.

ICH LEIBE DICH!!!!

D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I wish i had've kept up my languages too. My German is passable, I understand much more than I can speak iykwim, keep meaning to do a refresher. My French and Irish are deplorable :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Wish I was fluent in another language. I got these CDs before for German that were amazing, 8 hours worth and got you speaking quite a bit of german from just listening to repetitive sentences. Michelle Thomas or something was the guys name that did them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I don't even... What??

Google translate, and I'm still confused...

It's from that strange French love song by Serge Gainsbourg :o

jammstarr wrote: »
    It's from that strange French love song by Serge Gainsbourg :o

Oh ok, makes sense now. I just thought maybe Google was really bad at French...

Ich liebe dich is dreadful. It sounds like you're choking on bratwurst...
    Te quiero is the Spanish way to say it, and it's not so bad, but the French is still nicer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hey there people

hey there people

Evening Mr. Wolf

I thought you were a him O_o!!! hehe

I has French, lapsed, but with a quick refresher chat to a French friend I can do quite good, Passable Italian, Passable Spanish which I must brush up on for the holidays. And fluent English!
    hey there people

Howdy Wolfie. HAPPY DAY OFF :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

It be a very happy day off for me

I thought you were a him O_o!!! hehe

Hey! I could be a gay guy...

But no, I'm a girl. Not a very good one, but a girl nonetheless:D

Also, hello Mr. Wolf.

Howdy KotE and Jorcky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hi wolfie,
    Hi lair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement